1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM Transitioning doubts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by staystrongnow, Mar 21, 2017.

1. staystrongnow

I've been living as male for 3 years now and I've been wanting to transition with hormone treatment. I have a problem that as soon as I seem sure with what I want and I'm like yes I want to go on hormones, my brain tells me " what if you regret it? " or " what if this isn't right for you ? " or " This doesn't feel right you might be wrong ". I've just been going round in circles when I get these doubts thinking okay I'll wait a bit longer to see how I feel. Then I come back round to feeling sure and I'm like okay this is what I want I'm fed of up waiting feeling so dysphoric about my face and voice.Then it happens again I get these thoughts and the whole cycle starts again. I am so confused and stuck it makes me feel like my life is on pause not knowing what I really want. Have any of you felt like this ? If so what did you do :eusa_doh:

2. The thing about hormones is you can and might have to stop and/or take breaks from treatment. If you start T and it is something that you decide you don't want, you can stop. It's not like surgery where it happens and it's done. Hormones are continuous.

I'm technically still closeted, so I don't have experience with this though.