1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for the other trans (HRT)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PrinceVegeta, Mar 21, 2017.

1. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know how much it matters about it being mtf or ftm.. so all you guys can chip in to this question: About how long after HRT did you notice any changes ?

2. DoriaN

Biologically it doesn't take very long for you to feel a bit of a heart shift, but physically it takes much longer. To my understanding you might 'notice' a change within a few weeks, but for the body a few months. I once read a testimony by a transwoman that claimed to have experienced changes within minutes; this is ludicrous.

3. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That does sound quite ludicrous. I can understand a few weeks, but a few minutes? Must be a mental thing, but if it made her feel that good, then that's awesome.

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me, it was about like this:

2 weeks: increased sex drive and genital sensitivity
    3 weeks: bottom growth visible, sex drive practically uncontrollable. Getting off 3-4 times a day. Sometimes in a risky fashion. Sometimes this would make me late to things lol.
    1 month: slight voice drop. Lighter period.
    1.5 months: noticed a few extra chin hairs
    2 months: had to start shaving my face at least once a week. Acne began, face is increasingly oily. I gained about 5 pounds. Neck is a little thicker, shoulders a little wider. Almost non existant period.
    3 months: voice started cracking, noticed increase in body hair. Pee smells different. Hot all the time. Neck has increased nearly two inches in circumference. (Neck thickness will probably be the most noticeable muscle change you get without working out) I've now gained a total of ten pounds with little change in lifestyle.
    4 months: I started passing as male more than half the time around this time, mostly because of significant voice drop. Facial hair patchy but visible. Should shave every two to three days. I believe I stopped menstruating entirely by month 3-4. Sex drive has platueued to a point where I only need to get off once or twice a day. My pubes have fused with my happy trail and leg hair.
    5 months: voice is undeniably male by this point. People have pointed out that my face looks different. I'm putting on muscle pretty easy and have an easier time running than before. Gained about two inches in shoulder width and a full inch on biceps.
    6 months: Sideburns and cheek hairs are starting to appear very slowly.

Keep in mind I started on a full (but not maximum) dose and speed of changes will depend on dosage. We're not supposed to talk about numbers though.

#4 Rickystarr, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  5. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Ricky, did you notice growth in forearms or shoulder width?

6. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been on T for 6 months. My forearms have gone from 9.5" to 10" (24-25.5 cm). Shoulders have gone from just over 16" to just under 18". (41-45 cm)

Also, I have only in the past month or two started weight training. Most of this was purely the T.

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2017 at 07:50 AM ----------

And I have a full list of measurements and voice clips if anyone is interested.

#6 Rickystarr, Mar 22, 2017
  7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you're starting T then the changes come really fast, like a couple months. if you're like me it takes longer and also depends on the method of delivery, patches being the slowest. I have a friend on T and his voice dropped a lot in just a couple months, and he's putting on muscle.

ive been on estrace for 3 weeks but I can feel some changes, like libido and aching in my chest.

good luck, it's a bit of a ride either way, but T is faster than E.

8. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you everyone. Yes, patrick. The I'm interested :O

9. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Neck: 12.5-14.5" (+2")
    Shoulders: 16.25-17.75" (+1.5")
    Bicep: 11.1-12.1" (+1")
    Forearm: 9.5-10" (+.5")
    Chest: 33.5-34" (+.5")
    Waist: 28-29.5" (+1.5")
    Hips: 34.5 (no change)
    Butt: 36-36.5" (+.5")
    Thigh: 21.5-21.75" (+.5")
    Calf: 13-13.25" (+.25")
    Shoe size: 8 (no change)
    Ankle: 8 (no change)
    Height: 5'7 (no change)
    Weight: 120-130 (+10 lb)
    "Growth": 1.5-2"* (+.5")
    *I didn't take a before measurement down there so the first number is after one month on T. It was waaay smaller before though.

Notice I got bigger everywhere including my chest and ass. And my hips haven't gotten any smaller and that was my trouble area. However they do look smaller compared to my wider shoulders and bigger waist.

Note on voice clips: I recorded that phrase originally in response to a thread on here about the gender of the voice inside your head. That was the only clip I already had of me pre-T and I didn't wanna do the whole "this is my voice on T thing) so I stuck with it haha.

Ah I'm having a hard time attaching clips, one sec.

#9 Rickystarr, Mar 22, 2017
  10. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here we go

Attached Files:

11. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. It is all impressive.. and the last 2 voice clips.. such a huge change!

12. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i've been on hrt about 4 and a half months now, but i started on a quarter dose and a 6 weeks ago i went up to half dose. First changes were umm...downstair growth (pretty awesome tbh) and in the last 2 months my voice has been cracking and gradually i've noticed it getting deeper. It hurts my throat if i talk too much now and my voice will get all croaky.
    Acne started getting worse in the first couple of weeks. On my face more, but particularly a lot all down my back, chest and shoulders. Ive gotten more body hair gradually, I've noticed my leg har getting a bit darker and sometimes the fuzzy hair above my lip looks a little darker in a certain light :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I think my eyebrows have gotten a bit darker too.
    Also gained a bit of weight and gotten a bit wider in the shoulders I think.
    I was expecting to get that "sex drive through the roof" thing happening, but it hasnt which I think is probably because Im on a pretty high dose of antidepressants which lowers libido.
    So yeah, changes are slow, but they are happening :slight_smile:

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since HRT affects everyone different, it's hard to say. For me, my changes have been super slow (to me); and I feel like I don't look drastically different from when I was pre-T, but I've been told my face is way more masculine. I'm trying to go back through my blog to find all my updates since 2015. This is gonna be super long:

11-14 Days: New body and facial hair, minor muscle changes, voice begins to feel scratchy (but it could have been because I was still sick), increased appetite.

3 Weeks: Voice changes, increased appetite, chest sensitivity, acne, muscle gains, body hair.

1 Month: Shark week is officially gone (my last cycle ended the day I started T actually), increased energy, increased sex drive, oily skin, downstairs changes.

6 Weeks to 2 Months: Increased thirst (went away after a while), cramping, more hair and muscle changes, some weight loss, voice dropping.

3 Months: More voice changes, hot flashes, bacne.

4 Months: Increased confidence, veins on the backs of my hands more noticeable, skin is more sensitive, facial/body hair getting darker.

5 Months: Taste palette changes (I crave peppery and spicy things more), fat redistribution, hairline and jawline seems a bit more squared, energy levels fluctuating, weight yoyoing.

6 Months: "T sweats", increased thirst (went away), low energy, more downstairs changes, increased appetite,

After the seven month point, I was slacking off with doing T updates. Around the week leading up to the eight month mark, I stopped posting my findings up until my 1st T birthday. Now with me being past my 2nd year mark, it's been harder for me to notice anything new. I think since my 1st year post, I only made three or four updates about my changes; with my last one being from January.

- My voice is still dropping ever so slightly--though I still get read as a 16 year old boy in person
    - My happy trail is slowly becoming a forest
    - My appetite is still ridiculously high
    - My sex drive has been fairly mellow
    - I still have bizarre food cravings, and I douse almost everything I eat in pepper or hot sauce
    - My weight has dropped a lot (I think when I was 7 months on, I was in the 140s or so, and now I'm about 129)
    - With my weight changing, I've had a lot of fat redistribution; so my abs have become more prominent
    - My skin has cleared up a lot, and I rarely get pimples now
    - My muscle changes have been about the same, if not more defined
    - My cramps come and go, and I can sometimes tell if I haven't had my shot when they start getting intense

Um, that's about it with what I've noticed so far.

Voice Comparison (Pre-T to Two Years; taken on February 16th 2017): http://sirchubbybunny.tumblr.com/po...ck-side-by-side-comparison-from-how-i-sounded

#13 Daydreamer1, Mar 22, 2017
  14. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh wow... Thank you very much you guys. Daydreamer, you have come a long way; I respect that a lot and that voice change was awesome. What about facial hair though? Are you able to grow a beard if you wanted to?
    Also, I'ma bit concerned on the weight thing.. I'm 5'5 and 93 pounds. I do have muscles, I swear lol. But yeah.. the concern is developed from curiosity..I am already pretty active.. Not sure if anything could really be distributed but my legs do have a feminine shape to them and I dislike it.. They are mostly muscle too so it makes me wonder if maybe the structure of the muscles themselves will have a more masculine pattern? sorry if this is a dumb question but it has always been my major trouble area that gives me the most dysphoria.

#14 PrinceVegeta, Mar 22, 2017
  15. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about weight loss while on T? I'm in the midst of a 135 pound weight loss plan (almost half gone so far), down to 1500 calories/day, and I'm losing an average of 10 pounds per month.

How might this affect my efforts to lose weight? Should I wait for T until I get to my target weight, then watch my weight like a hawk? That puts off my T for almost a year if I do that.

16. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! Despite where I'm at, it feels like I only started T a few months ago and that not much has happened. And thanks for the compliments on my voice, since it's the thing that gives me the most dysphoria.

My facial hair is weird. I have a dark mustache and side burns, but my beard hairs are super light (with the exception of some rogue dark ones on my chin). So technically, I do have a beard that I can feel, but I can't see it much.

With T, I've heard of people gaining a lot of weight, and people losing it. I should have noted that I have hypothyrodism; which has been a contributing factor for me having lots of fluctuating issues with my weight. I don't exercise much, so knowing I've lost over thirty pounds since I started T has been off-putting to me.

If you have a really low body fat percentage, you might not have a lot of fat redistribution. However, I've seen really skinny guys with smaller chests have noticeable changes to where they don't need to bind--which is pretty cool. I'd also think if you work your legs more, then they'll get pretty ripped. If I did DDR religiously like I did when I was pre-T, I'm sure I'd get my gains back without a problem. Even now for someone who doesn't do much (with how bad the weather has been, I'm lucky if I get out once a week to walk for a while), I'm surprised my legs are as beefy as they are (which is better than how I had nothing to begin with).

#16 Daydreamer1, Mar 22, 2017
  17. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing too noticeable yet. After about 5 weeks, my libido is definitely down, erections are harder to come by but no drop in intensity, and very few spontaneous one at this point. Chest soreness, and my nipples are starting to get "puffier," they're feeling more like boobs now. I have also noticed a slight amount of testicular shrinkage. Arousal has changed as it's possible for me to be aroused without getting an erection, at least immediately. Ejaculate is pretty much clear, though no change in volume. Orgasms are WAAAAAY more intense, and involve my whole body now, not just localized, in fact I'm a moaner now when I used to be silent other than just heavier breathing, and I'm DEFINITELY a squirmer. I think my body hair is a bit softer, I'm noticing it's easier to shave and the razor isn't completely dull by the time I get to my legs.

I'm very VERY happy with all this, and can not wait to see more.

18. Cadi04

Sounds about right when I took herbal hormones for 8 months. except I also noticed an indent in my breast where the nipple is and some cottage cheese type stuff around the breast itself. the growth part of the breast I guess. When I get horny under near my scrotum area. It feels funny at times and I just want the rub the area.

#18 Cadi04, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
  19. AaronV

I'm about 1 1/2 years on T right now:

3-4 days on T: Bottom growth and body smell changed
    2 weeks: Body hair... everywhere
    3 weeks: Voice dropped, the overall voice change took like maybe 3 months, but it continued to drop slowly and is still dropping (i have voice clips if anyones interested)
    1-2 months on T: increased annoyance, I was pretty easy to anger, that feeling leveled out pretty fast
    1 month: increased facial hair (growing verrrrry slowly tho)
    2 months: increased body mass
    after being 5 months on T: continuous weight shift, lost about two sizes in jeans

I think after five months I just experienced the same changes, they just happen slower, I probably missed a few changes but eh

Congrats on the weight loss so far! I actually didn't gain any weight on T, in fact my weight shifted on my body so it looks like I lost weight.

20. Prygan

It was some time ago I started taking testosterone (I'm ftm, just to clarify), but I'll try my best to remember when which changes started to happen.

After about 1,5 week: my voice started dropping a little, and my smell started changing.
    Another week or so later: bottom growth started and increased sex drive. My appetite increased as well but I didn't actually eat more, I was just more hungry. So no weight gain at that point.
    After about a month: facial- and body hair started growing more, although certainly not a lot at once. Facial hair started in the sideburns for me, then chin, then jawline and neck, cheeks and lastly mustache. My voice kept dropping, quite steadily and evenly.
    After 3 months: periods stopped.
    After about 6 months or so: fat redistribution started to become slightly noticeable, mostly my waist filling out on the sides and my hip/thighs getting more narrow/slimmer, also belly got a little bit bigger but that's about it. My voice was by then almost as deep as it would get, about two octaves lower than my original range, however I always kept my female voice range as well for some reason.

Then changes happened more slowly and mostly just increasing what had already started. I went off testo after about a year (not cause I didn't want to take it, but because I had to stop for the time being) and then started again two years later. From then on I've been on testo for 3,5 years now. One year into round 2 or what to say, my voice had found its pitch and stabilised completely, I had lost quite some weight (on purpose, I had gotten overweight and went down to normal weight again) and with the weight loss I also noticed more fat redistribution from testo, but I remained quite curvy to my dismay anyway. I also got top surgery around that time and soon after I got chest hair as well and more body hair. My facial hair kept filling in more as well, and I got a slightly noticeable adam's apple too. My hairline changed at some point too and I was worried about going bald but I didn't (not yet at least).

Now, my facial hair is still filling in but is almost completely full/thick and I know I have my genes to thank for that too. I had issues with acne all the time from starting testo the first time up until half a year or so ago. I've always been prone to acne though. I still get acne but it's not bad. The only change I never really got was more sweat. I've always been sweating a lot so I guess it just couldn't get worse, maybe. I never noticed much increased muscle mass either, but maybe that's because I never really worked out. My feet increased a size as well (from European size 37 to 38) but when I don't remember.

Also, the first year I was on testo I took a gel, and then when I began again 2 years after stopping with the gel I have used shots instead. That may or may not have played a part in how fast changes happened, I'm not sure. Also, this a very rare thing so really don't expect this to happen, but about 6 months ago, I started getting my periods again, while still on testo, never missed a shot. No one could figure out why cause everything seemed to be fine and as it should with me. However now it's been 2 months since I lost got that stuff, but I don't know if it will happen again or if it's finally over. I have not had hysto yet, but will as soon as I can.

So that's my journey with HRT so far, but it's never-ending. Although I'm aware at some point I won't be getting more puberty-like changes from taking it, and it will just be maintenance. A bit of a wall of text, but I really did try to keep it short! Not so easy when there's a lot to say about it.