1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Therapy Online?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Aviator, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Aviator

Dysphoria's been fuckin me up lately. I can't even sleep at night anymore without getting nauscious. I don't have anybody to talk to about it. My parents said they'd look into therapists but I know that ain't true. Are there any online services that, y'know, aren't scams?

I've grown increasingly suicidal lately so I think I'm at the point where I can either get a therapist or imma kill myself, which, I'm trying hard not to think about but it just keeps popping up in my head.

#1 Aviator, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2017
  2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are some online therapists that can help, but I highly recommend doing research to make sure they're legit. Trans forums like Susans might have a resource section for online therapists. Is doing it online the only option for you, or do you think you might be able to reach out to someone in person as well?

If that's the case, look up "gender therapists in *your city or zip code*" and it should give you a ton of options about who is nearby that you can peak into. If you're from a small city like me, chances are you'll find someone. We have a population of just a bit under 80k, and I found at least six or seven confirmed gender therapists near me.

I hope this helps out in some way, and you're able to get the help you need. If you need someone to talk to, you're more than welcome to message me any time you want. Sending you my love, my dude.