1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most likely going to Boston (but there's still some obstacles)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Natasha Elyssa

I have gotten my acceptance letters and think I'm ready to make my final decision. The school in Cambridge Massachusetts is the one that stands out the mist and they're overall expenses are cheaper than just my safety school's tuition alone. So the price of everything with this school is less than my safety school's tuition. This school is good looking, friendly, offers what I want. The area is nice, the feel is nice. This is the only school that has actively stayed in touch with me. It's great, I really like it. But there's still a few drawbacks. I failed a class (not hard to fix in my school), my attendance has been getting screwed up by the school (missing first period means they mark you absent for the whole day, even if you go to your other classes and they mark you present), my parents think I'm not graduating and am repeating school next year (not even remotely accurate in my case, I've only gotten a Warning to watch my grades), my parents keep finding things to get upset about, my parents keep hassling me about every little thing, my dad is getting more and more bitter by the day (and his lack of knowing what he's talking about is soaring through the roof), my mom is just completely ignorant and arrogant about everything (and making everything personal and about her), and I'm just getting lost with all this. I just want to be left alone to take care of my business and fix my mistakes myself. My parents are idiots and are deeply disturbed (if you don't believe me, you should spend one day with either of them) and just keep acting ignorant towards everything. My dad loves to make up stories and be a pessimist, my mom loves whining and making everything an argument and a personal attack on her. It's like, getting to be way too much to deal with. My parents are the kind of people who can make up an entire alternate reality and pretend it's real. They've done this a lot. An example being my parents will go to a parent-teacher conference and the teachers will say all good things to them except when they say "[blank] is great, [blank] just needs to study more" or "[blank] is great, but can always be better, there's always room for improvement" and they'll come home and yell at me saying that my teachers say that I'm failing, I'm not doing well, I'm not paying attention, I'm clowning around, I'm not doing my work, and so on. I had it where they've made me talk to the teacher about what I can do to fix these things and the teacher will be like "what are you talking about? I told your parents only good things." And yeah, that kind of thing happens a lot. All I need to do right now is focus on passing and that's it. It's like, my parents think I'm flunking out of high school because of one bad grade (or whatever) and use it as an excuse to give me an earful. Right now, they using everything they can think of to try and convince to not go to school where I want to, that I can't survive on my own, and I'm failing at life. Keep in mind, my parents are the kind ofor people who think going from an 86 to an 85 is the equivalent of jumping off the Empire State Building. It's ridiculous. Please let it end. I can't bloody stand it anymore. I'm more than capable of doing things myself, correcting my own mistakes, and taking care of myself. It like good things are never going to happen to me ever. It's crazy.

I don't know what to do anymore. My parents think that holding me back and keeping a 6-inch lead on me is the best option for me. They barely even let me leave the house. I can't even go for a quick drive without causing an argument. Now my mom's threatening to take away my driving myself to school privilege and taking me to school herself, since she thinks I can't handle it. She thinks me driving myself is why I'm late to school, which is not even close to true. In fact, most of the time I can't get out of the house in the morning because of her. These things are getting on my nerves. I can't stand it anymore. Like, sheesh, I need to get away from here ASAP.

2. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like your parents are having a hard time accepting that you are, more or less, a grown woman and can handle most things completely on your own. Once you graduate, there really isn't anything they can do about what your choice of where you want to go to college. Only thing they can do about it is say that they won't help pay for it.

As far as home life, keep respecting the boundaries they've set, but don't be afraid to put your foot down when they go overboard or too far. And just keep doing what you do at school. Sounds like you've got that nailed down despite your parents trying to, possibly in their minds, push you to do better even though they aren't helping much.

At this point, being so close to graduating, emancipating yourself wouldn't be worth it. Once you get that diploma, since you are already 18, you will be a free woman and be able to do what you please (If i have the legalities right.) :slight_smile:

3. Natasha Elyssa

Yes, thank you. I'm so glad I have this website to vent and talk to people. Thanks for the kind reply, I needed that. ^-^

4. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are most welcome! My experience at your age was vastly different, but I had a few friends who were in similar situations at that age. Glad I was able to help! :slight_smile: