1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming to a Gender Fluid conclusion?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DevinDahlia, Mar 27, 2017.

1. DevinDahlia

To start off I am looking for advice and trying to make some new friends that I can be myself and open toward. I have spun the well of gender and sexuality around and around as far back as I can remember, even as a child I feel I explored both male and female rolls enjoy both boy and girl cloths, activities and as little a what would fall under boy and girl cartoons as a kid. I realize that things as small as what interest are do not define gender, but I wanted to make a point as far back as this goes which I would say 4-5 years old. I cant say I have ever been uncomfortable being a boy/man, my problems lie in expressing my feminine side which even with thoughts put in my head that its weird or wrong I have deep feelings and need for excretion. As a teenager I found my self enjoying to company of girls more then guys and was ridiculed and called gay for it. I enjoy both feeling masculine and feminine, as such cross dressing for other reasons then just sexual pleasure, not to say that I don't fall into the sexual category as well. Only my closest friends no even close to the entirety of who I am, but I am to change that hopefully making myself more whole and comfortable. None of my family accepts my grandmother knows I feel a dual gender. As for my sexuality I have landed on pansexual I would guess.. I've been with only females and transfemales never a guy, I feel more attracted to the feminine look then masculine not to say there isn't the occasional guy that turns my head. Getting down to it I have trouble expressing my other side my fem side and want to work at changing that. I also have other problems that include past substance abuse and I have a debilitating Anxiety/Panic disorder that causes long lasting fatigue that I feel hinders me progressing as well. Like I said just want advice and hopefully some new friends. If I left anything out or you would like to know more details please let me know and I will answer to my best. Thank You.

2. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Halleluja someone else! Pretty much quoting my personal feelings. How do you know when you're not just a feminine guy? But then who needs a label I guess... I too have cross-dressed and wanted to feel "pretty" one moment then want to be a gym addict and be a ripped, handsome man...

Not trying to railroad just trying to relate.

Cut a long story short... don't be to attached to any label. You're who you are... that's it. You don't need a label. If gender-fluid works for you as a label that enables you to fulfill your identity in society, then work with it. It can also change as you feel more comfortable with yourself, and understand that people love you, not your gender :slight_smile:

Peace