1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would I know?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WeDreamOfPeace, Mar 27, 2017.

1. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, so as a bi-or-pansexual biological male who is currently working out his gender, how would I know the answer?

What is the difference between being queer, gender-fluid or androgynous, and which matches the below personality...

I have always felt more comfortable around women than men. In romantic matters, I always tend to approach things in a feminine, submissive way. I often feel strong urges to wear makeup, female underwear etc. but don't feel the urge to cross-dress, merely be "prettier".

Now, sometimes I do fantasize about being a woman, want to be desired, to be beautiful. But sometimes I want to be a handsome, ripped powerful man... I have quite masculine hobbies such as Boxing and often-extreme Metal, enjoy physical work etc. I always see myself more as a kind of guardian-protector or gritty-male character in (purely fantasized) relationships, yet can also see myself as the gentle, servant type.

The question is this... am I simply a feminine man, or am I queer, androgynous or fluid? And how would I know if I was any of those? :help:

And kudos to you if you read this far!

Peace

2. Gray9

Hey there! I wouldn't know the answer to this question, because I think I'm in the same boat as well. I'm nearly 23 and I'm starting to ask questions, but at the same time, I'm really not trying to overthink it, but just enjoy it! Lately, I've been enjoying a more feminine style, and I've just been feeling more happy and comfortable. I'm not going as far as wearing dresses, but just light colours and skinny jeans that more so show off my figure. It all works out since I have abnormally large hips and thighs for a guy, and all my volume is in my butt, so why not? I've also been experimenting with makeup, nothing too serious, just something that gives a more natural look. I've asked my Mom to help me out since she runs the local Sephora, and she's been more than happy to help me, even supporting my "new interest" - not even asking questions! I think she's just happy that her "son" has taken an interest in her profession. Lol. I can't tell what you are since I don't know what I am and why I'm doing what I'm doing! But keep exploring!

Thanks for sharing and don't be afraid to try new things! :slight_smile:

3. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey man, cheers for your response. Awesome that your Mom has been so surprisingly supportive! I have a single, masculine, semi-Christian Dad that I live with so being feminine might be a little tough lol.

I have quite a feminine face anyway... But, as you say, the point isn't to look like a woman, simply seem a little more feminine and sexier :slight_smile:

Besides, who needs labels?