1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Debating what I want to do with my life.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Natasha Elyssa

Right now I'm debating what I want to do with my life. What I want after high school, what I want during college, and what I want after college. After high school, I'm definitely going to college (granted everything goes to plan) and studying film. During college I want to focus on success in school, but I also want to become more independent. I slowly want to take over my own expenses, want to get my own apartment by junior year, and I desperately want to transition and evolve as a person. I would like to break away from my past, and expand my perspective of life. I would like to be able to accept myself and be able to take care of myself both mentally and physically while building confidence in my self. I would like to be able to be myself, let my true personality shine through. I really want to get past fear and anxiety around everything (rejection, hate, loneliness, stuff like that) and I want to be confident in my presentation and not be so scared to say or do things. I don't want to be so stiff and quiet anymore, granted it's one of the biggest parts of my personality, but I want to work towards being more open. Socially, I guess I want to build a stronger social life. I really don't know though. Obviously I want friends and stuff, but I'm not very...eccentric socially. Like I said, I'm very quiet and reserved most times. Although I'm crazy at other times, those times are kinda in the minority. My biggest goals for college are academic success, transition of the body and mind, and being able to support myself. After college is the biggie. That gets a whole separate paragraph.

There are many things I want to do in life. Many directions I'd like to go, endless possibilities of where I might end up. The biggest thing I want to shoot for is being able to live on my own (housing/bills/etc). Unfortunately, transition comes second (cause life gets in the way and so on) but is still on my high priorities list. The biggest headache/concern right now is what I want to do for a living, what potential careers I may pursue. There are many things I would like to do such as: Film (basically anything relating to film), owning my own production company, running a disaster response team, being a police officer (more specifically highway patrol, motorcycle units and such, mainly because my dad did it and I like it), being a firefighter (I would do anything related to this, but would really like to do rescue or aerial firefighting, especially aerial firefighting), federal park ranger, own a theme park based off Jurassic Park (but with normal park or zoo stuff), possibly something to do with driving, pilot, explorer, Coast Guard, Navy (if I had to or really wanted to, and I would most likely want to be a helicopter pilot), and so many other things. There are many more things I would like to do, but not necessarily as a career. There's so much I can do, so much I want to do. I have like the longest bucket list in the world. I could write an entire encyclopedia collection about the things I want to do.

There's so many things that I want, so many goals, dreams, so much to do in my lifetime. There's so much I want to participate in, learn about, go through training for, help with, and so on. That on top of whatever happens in college. I don't know what I'm going to do. I want to do everything, or even as much as possible, but I can't realistically do it all. Some of it yes, most of it probably not. I want to experience, learn, and do so much. I want it all, but that'd most likely not going to happen. When it comes down to it, I'm probably going to settle down with emergency service. Most likely police. I will probably dabble in film/media and everything else, but I'm probably going to end up in civil service and staying within the middle class. The easy way. But yeah, so much can happen, I guess it's up to time to decide. It's a thing. Well, that's all I have to say about that for now. Let me know what you think. ^-^