1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alienation

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Aviator, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Aviator

I know I can't be alone on this one, but, I feel really alienated from all those around me. There's only two other transguys in my school, one I'm too jealous of and the other just gets on my nerves. I feel like I'm different than everyone, like I can never just be normal. Does anyone else get that feeling or is that just me?

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are not alone in this. I have also felt similar things to you and, while I never knew any other trans guys, would wish I could have a "normal" guy's life.

In the end, normal is overrated. In the words of Dr. Seuss... You are you and that much is true. There is no one alive who is you-er than you.

We have experiences that, while difficult, give us unique insights into life. Being trans isn't all bad. Being different does mean you're inferior, either. People respect authenticity. It's inspiring. That is why, I think, we are the way we are.

There are others like you, others who understand. You are not alone, brother. And there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of for being transgender.

3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly what Kodo said :icon_wink

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like that too. But I wonder if not everyone feels like that, because everyone is different.

I don't know any other transgender people IRL, lol

But to a degree, yes, being trans contributes to it... I feel like everyone else has a "normal" experience, like, it's just ridiculous how much I can't have a normal chat about relationships or stuff like that... my queer friends are an exception maybe... but there is so few of us...

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys....Check out EC member keynote on the Coming Out Advice forum. He really needs so help/input from other trans guys....David

6. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I know I am fortunate to have a few other trans and nonbinary friends and outlets to express myself as well as the ability to buy the clothes that I love and not be ridiculed.... however, when I am alone with myself I often feel very lonely. I know my self esteem is not the best, I know I could easily be pushier about pronouns and be more decisive towards changing my name or explaining to others how I am in order to feel comfortable, but I just don't want to be a nuisance. I have a chronic pain disorder that often makes me lonely because I'm not able to go out as much or be as supportive to many friends as I would like, and I just couldn't stand knowing I'd not only be a draining person, but also someone who was seen as sort of delusional or irritating due to correcting people about pronouns and whatnot. I think I've come to realize that I'm currently very "in-between" in my life... just okay with coping, but I feel as though I'd fail or end up alone if I tried to be pushier or transition further... I feel like I'm just able to get by "normally" through distractions or the ability to brush off people's assumptions. My boyfriend is loving and accepting... but I fear for my future with him, as I feel stuck or suspended at a crossing point... I still allow him to call me she/her because I know he is straight though he refers to me as a boy and always compliments me as though I am one... he doesn't seem to have an issue with any of this but... I fear "going too far" because I am at a heavy disadvantage meeting better people again.... my pain keeps me from typing a lot and having in depth relationships online, as well as going out in public, so I fear having something that could isolate me even more than I already am.... it's a struggle to keep my head above water.

7. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even if you are not trans (not discounting your feelings here) there are people who feel alienated from this world for other reasons...illness for example, or just not clicking with others. There are many lone wolves in the world, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Walk your path and you are bound to meet those that care about you.

Hope this helps somehow,

Sebby45