1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not crossdressing? More like gender conforming?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eldridge, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Eldridge

Hey, Harley here. So I'm gender fluid (with a lean towards female or nuteral) and I'm also starting to lean towards female pronouns as they make me more comfortable In my own skin although unfortunately with this comes the whole thing of having problems with my body when I am identifying as female and don't have a female body or feel like I wouldn't pass as female (because I don't look or feel like I come across as a female.) it makes me feel strange and I don't like it I want to start dressing more feminine but I don't know where to start. I can't wash clothing because I'm never alone in the house long enough to wash what I would need. Underwear, clothing, knee high socks (I'm in love with stripy knee high socks) etc... like maybe one time I could get away with socks being like oh they are my girlfriends but it's not something I would get away with regularly. What can I do any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can wash clothes in the sink or shower - that's how I wash my binder and then I squeezed it out, patted it with a towel and hung it up to dry inside my wardrobe overnight

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Months before I came out i brought boxers and I'd hand wash them in the sink with washing liquid and hang them on the radiator under my desk. You just have to be very careful about it. Maybe leave them in the sink to soak whilst you're showing or having a bath and then rinse them out when you're done?

4. Eldridge

Okay I've read this and it all makes a lot of sense and also with my girlfriend being okay with it (I'm really glad I have someone who's okay with me being who I am) I could always just ask her if she couldn't wash it for me. I know she does a lot of the washing herself so it shouldn't be too hard. I want to buy new stuff but I'm a little on the large size I don't know what stuff will fit me and don't really know where I'll have to go to get it from also ordering online gives me the same problems if I don't know the sizes any ideas?

5. Eyerene

For buying in real life, if you want women's clothes, the unfortunate reality is having to try things on in store. All clothing manufacturers and brands have different ideas as to what the sizes are, despite most countries having official size charts, so it's best to just try things on to see what will fit.

For ordering online, there's always the option of taking your own measurements and comparing to the size chart that most online websites have. This is best done by a flexible tape measure or a tailor's tape measure, and then having you measure yourself or have your girlfriend help you. If there is no size chart on the website, save yourself the trouble and buy somewhere else.

6. Eldridge

Luckily I know my measurements, i make cosplay so I use them for that so that make some of it easier id think to do it online but I'm gonna have to convince my girlfriend to allow me to get it sent to hers

7. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe, you can wash them at your girlfriend's. Something worth looking into would be vintage or inspired Men's clothing circa the 1970's. Androgyny was in during that decade and a lot of the attire for men was very feminine. You can still defend yourself by stating that it's Menswear, if the situation ever arises.

8. Eldridge

Yeah i guess thats an option i like stuff from the 30's (gatsby) 50's (rock and roll) and 70's (flower power) they are all areas that had very distinct styles and they are areas I love from fashion point of view and it's pretty great so yeah I probably will end up dressing in styles from them time frames