1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria with binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by pockets, Mar 31, 2017.

1. pockets

I bought a GC2B binder recently after wanting one for years. People have said how their binder changed their life and made everything so much better but I think it's causing more dysphoria for me. I've worn it twice so far and the first time I put it on I was thrilled but the second time wasn't great because I actually paid attention to it. I still have somewhat of a noticeable chest, and I know even cis men have a lot of breast tissue sometimes, but it still feels awful and makes me want to scream because if a binder won't flatten my chest then nothing but top surgery will work and that's years away. Another thing causing dysphoria is how my breasts are pressed against my skin, it makes me so much more aware that they're there and honestly just repulses me and makes me hate myself (more).

It feels like there's drawbacks to wearing a binder or wearing a sports bra (which is what I usually wear) and I won't be happy or comfortable either way?? What are some things you guys do to ease chest dysphoria that isn't wearing a binder? :frowning2:

2. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wearing a binder sure has its downsides. I'm sorry it isn't working for you. But you're not alone in this. Though I have chest dysphasia, I don't like binding that much either. I only do it if I really want to look good or wear clothes that don't conceal my figure much.

Clothes can help a lot. I often layer a t-shirt with an open button down or just wear button downs. There are also a lot of websites that deal with the topic and where you might find inspiration.

Apart from clothes, you might find it helpful to just do the things you really like doing. You will most likely forget about your chest, if you're absorbed in some activity you love.

Above all, don't let your body get you down. You're a man, no matter what your body looks like right now!

3. Najlen

Yeah, I can only bind sometimes because the feeling of compression tends to make it worse. I agree on the clothes thing. I also wear open button downs a lot. I've also found that wearing t-shirts with the sleeves cut off so they look like a muscle shirt minimizes the appearance of my chest and makes my shoulders look bigger.