1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM: For those not on T, do you cross-dress?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JKCLC, Apr 1, 2017.

1. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you do, tell me your tips on how to pass. Are there any good fake mustaches/goatees I could buy that would look real when glued on? I couldn't find any in my searches. Tons and tons of tips for drag queens, but not a lot for girl-to-guy cross-dressers.

Every day, I am more desperate to transition, but with kids and an unknowing husband, it's just not happening - at least not soon. I did finally tell my husband that I want to cross-dress at the local gay bar (where I won't be judged when I don't pass), but that convo got awkward really fast and I dropped it. Now we're pretending it hasn't happened. I've been cross-dressing in secret a lot more these days, and I came out to my older sister a month ago about wanting to be a open trans, letting her know I feel like a guy in a woman's body. She's the only person in my family who would be supportive, which is why I told her.

This pic of me isn't very convincing, but this was one of my attempts to cross-dress with eyeshadow, lolol. I need some "real" facial hair.

Or just real hair. I wish I could one day be on T. :frowning2: I mean, I've got some masculine stuff going on with my body already (big hands, big veins, and lots and lots of body hair), so I feel like it would really give me what I need/want. Ugh. This is so hard.

Attached Files:

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hudson's guide. Google it.

3. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. How do I edit/delete a thread?

Edit: Found it on this post. But what about original posts?

#3 JKCLC, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you need to ask the mods

5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude you look like a young Ryan Gosling. Seriously.

[​IMG]

As for clothing, it technically isn't cross dressing because you are a guy. But definitely check out the aforementioned resource. Another excellent one is The FTM's Complete Illustrated Guide To Looking Like A (Hot) Guy because I think it has exactly what you are looking for.

6. AaronV

Dude, you already look like you've been on T for at least a couple of month and to be honest, I think you'd look better without the eyeshadow beard. :slight_smile: Most of the fake beards I've seen look, well, fake and most of the time hinder passing in my opinion. For other passing tips just check out YouTube, you'll find tons of videos if you just search something along the lines of "passing tips FTM"

I also agree with Kodo, I wouldn't call what you do cross-dressing, especially if you identify as a guy. Personally, I would have never used the term for myself when I was pre-T, to me I was simply wearing clothes that I like.

7. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I agree with Aaron. You're on of those lucky guys who don't look like prepubescent boys. But really, put the eye shadow off, it doesn't look convincing. About that facial hair, I'm experimenting too and plan to dye my peach fuzz soon. Currently I'm putting Rogaine in my face to increase peach fuzz, which actually works.

8. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ha! Thank you. That seriously made my day. :icon_bigg

Thank you everybody for the suggestions! I apologize about not using proper terms. I'm 27, I've always just called what I felt as "being a guy inside," and I never looked for labels before now. I grew up learning that dressing as the opposite sex was "cross-dressing," but it makes sense that I shouldn't use it like that. This is who I am.

Ok, so the eyeshadow looks terrible. :lol: I've never heard of Rogaine - definitely Googling.

I'm seriously considering letting my mustache and beard hairs grow in, but I'm only out to one person, and that person is NOT my husband, so...yeah. He might tell me to shave, and now that I've told him I sometimes like to wear his clothes while he's at work, I feel like he's extra paranoid right now. Usually, I have to shave a couple times a week.

As far as looking like I might be early on T, I think I might have a hormonal imbalance; I've looked up symptoms of high levels of T in biological women, and I've got almost everything (acne, "manly" muscles, coarse body hair, irregular periods). I have about 8-10 coarse black chin hairs that I pluck out, a full 'stache that's pretty dark but not coarse, like 20 long black coarse chest hairs, coarse black hairs in my "happy trail" area that go all the way down, black hair on my toes and fingers - I am basically covered in coarse hair, and I have been shaving and plucking it for over a decade to try to be normal. I don't want to be normal anymore. I like my body hair.

The things I hate most about myself are my DD breasts, pregnancy stretch marks that scream "I pushed out babies, I'm a woman!" and my high, girly voice. I HATE THEM. The only times in my life where I felt like my breasts were good for something was when I could feed my babies with them. That's over and done with, and now I'm back to feeling like these alien objects are on my body that shouldn't be there. When I go running, I absolutely despise feeling them bounce. It's just not right. I'm also only 5'4'' which I don't like, but I just bought shoes from Bugarri that discreetly add two inches to my height without looking like I'm wearing heels.

Anyway, sorry for rambling... It's all coming out of me right now, and I want it to come out all at once, haha.

9. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I confused this one with the one I gave... that one is pretty awsome.

10. anthracite

anthracite Guest

So Rogaine is actually used for your head, to prevent hair loss and return hair. The product doesn't know where you apply it and my peach fuzz has increased a lot. Since you have naturally high T you might be lucky and end up with some extra dark hair.

11. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Rogaine sounds really promising - I wish I could use it! I hate being in this in-between stage right now. I'm not ready to come out to my husband. A part of me fears I never will be. I love him too much, and I think he'd want to separate. :frowning2: