1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Amdukias, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Amdukias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So... I came out to my family more than once. They may not accept me at the moment, but because this will may take lots of years (especially for my mom who's pretty afraid of changes), I decided to make the first few steps to transition*.
    && this is why I opened this thread. I'm 18 year old and from Germany, but even if I know that my family can't do anything against my decisions I also don't know where to go. Like, which kind of therapists do I have to talk to, to get an official "diagnosis" etc. The whole law-thing is pretty confusing and I need someome to explain it to me...
    So yeah, does anyone know how the system in Germany works?
    yrs. Amdukias

* I won't just go and start T etc. without telling my family about it cause I still like them pretty much etc. but I also don't wanna wait till I'm 30 or something, cause I really need a perspective. Hope you understand what I wanna say

2. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I tell you something: Go seek out gender therapists and seek out lots of them. I get the vibe that everyone makes their own rules, so you better take those who are not strict af.

You will need two gender therapists you can keep, get an appointment at the endo, have your heart checked and gyn. The latter two are just checks who have nothing to do with the diagnosis but to ensure taking T won't do any harm.