1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by keynote, Apr 3, 2017.

1. keynote

So as i said before in here i can't find a way to come out as trans ftm to my family and i'm really scared of what will they think about me and i know my mother has an issue with transgender girls cause she insists they are boys and i am honestly tired of being treated as someone i'm not and being called as girl and to have to call myself as girl in public but maybe that won't change much.
    Like i want to feel more like a boy but i just keep feeling like crap cause everyone knows i'm "girl" and at the streets people recognize me as a girl and it sucks.
    i don't know what to do.

My mom accepts lesbians and gays but i still don't trust her.

If you have any advice that could help please comment and thank you for reading this

I have posted this in the coming out section but someone told me to post it here so maybe someone could help me here as well. So don't get surprised if you see the same text i just copied it.

2. astriferous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't say how your family would most likely react since I don't know them like you do, so idk if I can condone just coming out to them. There is always the chance that, since you are family, they will change their stance/be more accepting to you eventually than how they previously reacted to trans people. Additionally, letting your family know can give you more support and they might help you with transitioning if that's something you want. It does sound like they might take a bit to come around though. I think you should really weigh the pros and cons of coming out - what you can gain, what you can lose - and consider how you feel they will most likely react. Another question you might want to ask yourself is if you have any alternative support should your family be unaccepting.

I suggest telling possibly-supportive friends and building a support network through them. Maybe you could be referred to as a guy when you hang out with your friends and that would help a little bit with being treated as a girl all the time? Idk your friends situation so sorry if this advice is redundant or irrelevant. Regardless, getting into spaces where you would be treated as your true self would probably be helpful to you whether or not you come out to your family.

Hope that helps a bit :slight_smile:

3. keynote

thank you so much it do helps and yes i've been telling my friend about being trans but i think i have to tell my parents cause i really want to transition.