1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just some stuff.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Natasha Elyssa

My life has been going pretty fine lately, pretty fine meaning that nothing has changed and it's all just bleh right now. It's one of those times where nothing is really happening and it's just like really boring and whatnot. It's a thing. But yeah, this kind of sucks cause there's nothing going on. It's too quiet, it's too mellow. It's giving me a weird feeling. I'm bored and feel little to no emotion yet there's stuff that's huge and should be stressing me out but it's not. It's like, all this stuff hasn't hit me yet. I also have this monotone feeling that stuffs going to just come and slam me in the face.

That aside, here's a little update on my life:

I'm in the process of enrolling in college. I have decided to enroll in my top choice school in Cambridge Massachusetts. I have the full intention of going there and dorming there. We're (me and my family) starting this process. Basically saying "yes" to the acceptance letter and all that stuff. Finances and stuff are a headache coming in the next week or so. I'm getting another car in a few months. My current car is a 22 year old car that has had issue after issue (mainly the previous owner's fault, they treated the car like trash and beat it up and never fixed it) and stuff just kept breaking. Now that it's survived the winter, I've been able to get it fixed. My shifter cables snapped, my muffler had two huge holes in it, my right side door lock and window didn't work, my plugs and wires were changed, my trunk wouldn't close and had broken welds on one of the hinges, all sorts of stuff. Now the car is fixed and drives a lot smoother and nicer and stuff. It's also a heck of a lot quieter. Except I need a more dependable and reliable car. So the same relative that foxed my car has another car he showed me that needs cosmetic work but apparently runs fine. It's only a year newer than my current car, but my relative swears that this car has zero mechanical issues and only needs cosmetic work. It's a 96' Camry, but it doesn't look all that bad. The inside looks good and the outside just needs some work. It seems a bit silly at my age to go from a manual transmission sports coupe to a plain-Jane Camry, but it's more practical and dependable. I also needed a bigger car so this will be good. Plus, I can find almost every single part for this Camry on amazon. I can barely find any parts for my current car anywhere online. It's super easy to fix and Toyotas are very dependable. It's a better car for me, especially with going to college. Plus, manual transmission is really impractical for my needs. I love my current car, but the Camry is the smartest choice. The Camry needs a new hood, a new right side mirror, four new door handles, two new headlights, a new windshield, new tires, and so on. My relative swears this is all easy stuff and isn't difficult to fix at all. He swears that all the stuff is simple and he's going to get it ready for me and it's going to look nice. It's a thing.

Now, the car thing triggers a whole other argument. My parents don't want me having a car while I'm in Massachusetts. They seem to have this dillusion that Massachusetts is a ten minute drive from NYC or that they're going to come and get me and stuff. It's like, no, this isn't high school. In going away to college, you're not coming with me, and I need a car in order to do anything. My parents have been total blockheads lately, they've been trying to pull out all the stops to make me miserable. It's like, they won't stop trying to be negative and keep trying to bring me down and make an argument out of everything. It's getting annoying. And they always get offended whenever I tell them the facts over their fictitious form of reality. It's stupid. Now my mom tells me that she works with a lady who's daughter lives in Boston and "I can come visit once in a while, travel with this lady I work with and see you" and the way both my parents have treated me in the past, I don't want them to have any visitation rights. They need to let me go and stop acting like children about everything. It's ridiculous.

So to sum all this up:

My life is really boring right now and I have a monotone feeling that stuffs coming to bite me.
    I'm getting a better (although it's a 96') car.
    I'm starting the enrollment process with my school of choice.
    And my parents are making me miserable.

It's a thing, I feel like this is all going to come crashing down in a while but whatever. It's going to happen eventually, regardless of what I do. So it's a thing. I honestly can't wait to be away from my parents and I can finally start to transition. I want to present female so bad, and I want to move on with my life. It's a thing.