1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans guys: Where do you shave?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anthracite, Apr 6, 2017.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I am very irritated about an article on men's health. About shaving armpits.

Currently I'm shaving face only and if I get chest hair when on T I'd shave that too.

Now there is a funny little debate in my head. I value hygiene and manners but also I take pride in being masculine. Really don't know what to do.

2. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only shave my face if it's necessary, honestly. Rather it's men or women, imo, no one should feel obligated to shave certain areas unless they want to. I know you guys might giggle, shake your heads, and laugh at this, but if it sounds any bit more hygienic: I like to shampoo my pit hairs. xD

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I only shave my cheeks (yes, my cheeks). The hair there grows in patches and it annoys me to no end, so I keep it clean shaven when I can. I let everything else grow. Hell, I worked so hard to get body hair, you can bet I'm gonna keep it!

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I shave my face only and sometimes I'll trim my body hair with clippers. My fiancee doesn't like my armpit hair particularly to be overgrown, though she doesn't mind it trimmed.

I have no chest hair yet, but I'll probably just trim that too.

My personal opinion is don't shave your armpits. It's kinda weird. Trim them up though if they start to be visible when your arms are down lol.

#4 Rickystarr, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Currently, I only occasionally shave my armpits because I swim and it is considered proper swimmer etiquette to be as smooth as a seal.

However, I quit shaving my legs years ago and don't think I ever will again.

Currently body hair is not a very big issue for me. When I get on T, however, I will just keep well trimmed. The only exception being my face, which I will glady shave until I can grow a beard. But for the body, I dislike being completely bare or particularly furry. As with everything, a clean balance is preferable.

#5 Kodo, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  6. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I shave my face and hairline

7. randomconnorcon

I stopped shaving my legs years ago. I occasionally shave my face, because when I leave it too long I get patches of light and dark hair on my upper lip, neck, and along parts of my jaw line. But I say occasionally, because I just can't be bothered. I shave my arm pits when it gets too long and thick, because it's annoying - if I wasn't so lazy, I'd probably shave my pits more often, but I am.

8. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't shave anything right now, but I'd like to try shaving my face, just to feel more manly. Not sure how I'd go about doing that though.

If/when I go on T I'd probably have to shave something because I'm pretty hairy now, so I'd end up looking like a Yeti.

9. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I shave my face even though I don't have to, it's just to feel more masculine.

10. AaronV

I shave my face (except for sideburns and chin), chest and I trim or occasionally shave my armpits. It's just a personal preference and I actually prefer the way shaved or trimmed armpits look regardless of gender. My father shaves his as well so maybe that's why I don't think it's weird, but I'd obviously never tell someone to shave just for me. ^^ However, I wish more guys would do it, especially in summer. The numbers of times I nearly had a hairy armpit pressed into my face in the metro is definitely too high. :confused: