1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I had a dream I started T. Not fair!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JKCLC, Apr 9, 2017.

1. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It was one of those crazy long dreams, too, with realistic emotions that leave you feeling like it actually happened when you wake up. Uggggghhhh. For a minute or two after opening my eyes, I was in a happy place.

In the dream, I came out to my husband, we stayed really good friends, my family stood behind me, and they all supported me while I started seeing a therapist, and then (time-jump in the dream) I started T. I started getting facial hairs, building muscle faster - it was amazing.

And it wasn't real. Sucks.

Have any of you had transition dreams? Getting to "live through" the long process of it made me realize once and for all how TRULY bad I want this. There was even a point in the dream where the therapist/doctor said, "Are you sure you want this?" and I sat thinking about it - really thinking about it - before giving a firm YES.

2. AaronV

That sounds like an amazing dream. :grin: I've had similar dreams, some were good and others were bad. The good ones usually involve me looking in the mirror and having a full beard and in the other dream I was having top surgery, but the doctor messed up and my results were horrible.
    I had both of these dreams when I reached milestones of my transition (starting T and setting a date for surgery) so I guess you should just view them as a confirmation. You're on the right path and your mind is just processing everything that's going on.

3. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It did feel like confirmation of my feelings. My subconscious mind is like, DUH, you want this so bad! Because I do question it every day. I've wanted this since I was a little kid, but I've tried so hard to be a beautiful woman that I almost believe it. Sometimes I think it's all I'll know how to be, even though I hate it.

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

No dreams of transition but I'm usually male in my dreams. Once I was walking around shirtless like rambo shooting terrorists :grin:

5. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :lol: That's awesome. I've been male in dreams before, but I've never transitioned. It just felt so real! Man!