1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short hair dilemma.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JKCLC, Apr 10, 2017.

1. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I got my hair cut a few days ago, and it wasn't short enough on top, so I hacked at it myself to remove another 3/4 of an inch. My hair is currently one inch on top, if that, and like half an inch on the sides (number 4 clippers). And I look PRETTY. Not to toot my own horn, because this isn't what I wanted. I imagined getting this really tomboy/bada** look that was on the side of masculine. I figured it would help me feel like me since I haven't started transitioning. We can't change our faces, though, and these stupidly feminine cheekbones and gigantic eyeballs aren't going anywhere. Smh. :dry: At least I love the length. It's nice not to have hair flopping around in the wind.

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure you'll find the style you want soon though you may have to let your hair grow a little to allow for it to be cut to a style. Did you take a picture with you of what you wanted?

I love my barber I currently have a 2 inch mohawk and get the back and sides done on a 0 setting. I'm not sure whether it suits the fact that I don't feel any gender but I like it anyway.

3. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think a buzz cut (like Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta) would make me happiest, but I don't think I would look good like that, even as a guy with a beard, lol. My hairline is pretty womanly. Not a sideburn in sight. I guess a longer masculine style could work, but I worry it would just be the haircut I've had for 9 years (my hair is really stubborn and wants to lay in the same direction no matter what). I mean, I've even tried to mimic sideburns by keeping longer hairs down by my ears, but regardless of how much molding cream and hairspray I dumped on them, they keep curling towards my face. See?

Attached Files:

4. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a buzzcut for a while. It was awesome maintenance wise but I looked like a thug (even tho I'm short and skinny)

That sucks. My hair is pretty obstinate too. A hairdresser once told me it grows in many different directions.

Do you use straighteners on your sideburns? If you do that before applying product it might help

5. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like, a hot straightener? I don't think they're long enough. Or do you mean a product? If so, I didn't even know that existed, lol.

6. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes like a hot straightener you can get mini versions

7. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love feminine cheekbones, even on men. <3 Rock them.

---------- Post added 10th Apr 2017 at 04:17 PM ----------

From the back, you pass as a dude. The cut's pretty cute, TBH. :icon_redf