1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pick Out My Next Haircut!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Foxfeather, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello dashing gents and ladies and everyone in between and out beyond,

I'm in a particularly good mood today. Help me pick out my next haircut. :slight_smile: I'll consider all your posts.

Some things I'm looking for:
    -Clearly screams out "lesbian" or "trans guy"
    -I don't mind asymmetry (in fact, my last haircuts have always been asymmetrical), but I won't do something bizarre like shave the left half of my head and leave the right, just because I want both sides to be equally cold/warm
    -Quiffs are awesome. I like volume up top.
    -I have fine Asian hair but I love those curly European locks and wouldn't mind trying to style it that way
    -I can't dye my hair because I want to retain a professional appearance so color suggestions are out. Plus, I like my dark hair. But feel free to suggest hairstyles from people with dyed hair.

Have fun! Maybe send in photos of your own beautiful hair or lack of it. Trans is beautiful and I want to be inspired.

2. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can we see a pic of your face? I've got a pretty good eye for what will go with a person's bone structure!

3. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OoOoOh . . . I'd rather stay anonymous. Wonder if I can heavily blur my face

4. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think an undercut might not look too bad, it's a pretty popular cut right now, and anyone can pull it off I think.

6. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry! I was crazy busy with the holiday and realty stuff. (We're selling our house right now.) It looks from that pic like your hair is already pretty short, right? So you can't change much. But keeping it off your forehead looks best, IMO.

Okay, so if you haven't done anything yet so far (if you did, I want to see), I think buzzing the sides really short (number 1 clippers fade) and leaving about 1.5 inches on top so you can style it up would look awesome on you. Like this:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...k1j0i8i30k1.Yram5H8Ld4A#imgrc=qxzgY0k0PqM96M:

What do you think of that? Or are you wanting something else?

7. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :O Hawwwwwwndsome. You sent me to the general Google search page for short men's hairstyles but I see what you mean. Basically really short on sides and back and a bit shorter on top than what I have now.

I actually think I look better with the longer hair but I'm craving something like these hairstyles you showed me.

And, yes, finally, someone who understands clipper lengths <3 I like talking about buzzers.

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2017 at 02:21 PM ----------

How goes house selling? Are you moving w/ partner or spouse somewhere?

8. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you buy a house, try to stay there forever, because selling a house is stressful, haha! We are moving together. :slight_smile: I don't want to break up my family, so transitioning is pretty much out the window. Sometimes I fantasize about secretly starting T and pretending like all the changes are spontaneously developing on their own... But yeah. That is NOT the way to go, haha.

9. butchmyhair4luv

:kiss:If I were to find a new partner that really wants me to have short hair again then I would welcome them to cut my hair from where ii is now my waist to as short as a pixie with a buzzed short back and sides