1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to express more feminine but undercover?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WeDreamOfPeace, Apr 10, 2017.

1. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey beautiful souls of EC

Have realized I'm somewhere around bigender/androgyne and would like to express more androgynous/feminine... but I'm not out at all to my father whom I live with.

Was wondering how I can do things that are more feminine - I.E. shave all my body hair, wear some make-up, fake/painted nails etc. and explain them as normal cis/straight behaviour?

Thankyou

Peace & blessings.

2. Najlen

I mean, honestly I think that all of those things can be normal cis/straight behavior, it's just how a person chooses to express themselves. They might not be very common habits for cis men, but you could try explaining it that way if it helps. If you want to be as stealth as possible about it you could use clear or light colored nail polishes that won't be so obvious to your dad but might still help you feel more comfortable. It is becoming more of a trend for men to paint their nails though so you could also just say that you like it and leave it at that. Shaving your body hair probably won't be super obvious. Some people do it because it makes them feel cleaner, you can try that explanation if he asks. As for makeup, if you don't want him to notice that you're wearing it you could use a really understated look. Eyeliner for instance is hard to see (though it does make a difference in how your eyes look) unless it's really thick or winged. There are also nude lipsticks and eyeshadow pallets that do change how you look but still seem very natural. If you want to do heavier makeup you could again just tell him that you like how it looks and that's why you're wearing it.

How do you think he would react if he noticed? If you think he wouldn't care, you could probably just do whatever you like and you might not even have to give much of an explanation. If you think he would react badly though, it would probably be best to stick to things he isn't likely to notice.

3. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cheers Najlen. Yeah you're right I'm probably worrying far too much about any potential reaction. Thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

Peace

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess the question is, how phobic is your dad? if he's very open it probably wont matter, if he's very closed and you depend on him for your well being caution is advised. having said that, swimmers, bicyclists, and body builders all shave their bodies.

---------- Post added 11th Apr 2017 at 09:03 AM ----------

also, you could grow your hair out.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mary janes that have a more gender neutral appearance for shoes, women's sneakers in less feminine colors, skinny jeans, women's cut t shirts, etc are how I started.

6. Najlen

I agree with Kasey, womens cut t-shirts are a good idea. They are also usually very soft and comfortable.