1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to wear to prom when your in the closet

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KenDarling, Apr 11, 2017.

1. KenDarling

I'm a closet trans guy, and my senior prom is coming up, the theme is 'Into the woods". I suck at dressing formal and have no idea what to wear, i think a tuxedo would make me uncomfortable since im only out to a couple of friends and being in a hick school id probably be labeled as a butch lesbian which would suck since im a gay guy, but i really can't wear any dresses or skirts either. ? i want to look good but i really don't know what's prom appropriate?

2. Najlen

A vest and tie would work. You could wear nice pants or a skirt with it if you're comfortable. Another idea is pants and a blouse.

3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't senior prom mean you're graduating and never gonna see them again anyway? Take the suit if you want, go as masculine as you like to if you want. If you're not forced to be with them any longer after that you might aswell get drunk and insult anyone you never liked to begin with. Why care?

4. Really

5. AaronV

I just wore some nice black pants, a black vest and a white shirt with a bow tie. Wasn't out to anyone yet but literally no one cared because they knew me and weren't expecting me to show up in a dress anyway. If someone thought I was a lesbian they kept quiet about it and I actually got many compliments that evening. Just wear whatever makes you feel the most comfortable and stick with your friends for the evening and remember to have fun. ^^

6. KenDarling

Thanks for all the ideas :slight_smile: i think black slacks and blouse would work great, also makes me think of howl from howls moving castle so heck yeah :grin: