1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to my friends?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BeautyGardevoir, Apr 12, 2017.

1. BeautyGardevoir

I'm thinking about "coming out" to my friends as a trans girl. But the thing is... I'm not sure I am a trans girl. Not entirely anyways. But I'm sure enough to come out to my friends, if I decide its a good idea

However, right now, I'm a huge and tall guy with a deep voice. But I feel like I'm a girl, and I am seriously considering about going through a transition. My friends are very open about LGBT+ people, but still.... I physically look like the complete opposite of a girl, and I'm worried that they'll either be very judgemental due to my current appearance, or they'll think I'm joking when I'm really not.

I just so confused with my gender, and the only people that I feel like I could tell how I feel about my current situation are my friends. But it's still so.... Hard talking about it. What should I do?

Thank you all so much for your help.

2. Black Rose

How you look doesn't matter its in how you feel.

Coming out to my friend helped a lot. In part because it was a girl she has helped me experiment with things. But that decision is a very personal one and I dint went to say do it unless you think it's right.

As far a coming out you can come out as questioning. Talk about how you feel and trust you ate confused. You don't have to label it if you don't want to. Labels are not needed to validate your feelings.

Your feelings are valid don't forget that.

3. AaronV

I agree with Black Rose, you don't have to tell them outright that you're a trans girl. Just tell them what you told us, that you're not sure but you'd like their support in finding out what's right for you. Your current appearance shouldn't matter, if they are your true friends they'll support you no matter what.

#3 AaronV, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017