1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question to trans women...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WeDreamOfPeace, Apr 13, 2017.

1. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey girls

As you can easily tell I'm in the process of discovering my gender identity. I was wondering how many of you clung to the idea of being male when you began to feel your feminine side emerge? I.E. I was born male, I've been raised male, how can I be a woman?

I've been raised to be a masculine boy my whole life, only bought masculine clothes, etc. etc. Have been feeling a lot more feminine recently but have been exploring more androgyne, bigender etc. Was just wondering if this is in fact to do with my fear of entirely letting go of my birth sex?

Thankyou,

Namaste.

:thumbsup:

2. Black Rose

I'll raise a glass to that statement!

Honestly I go through different phases, but I identify as genderfluid currently (ask tomorrow and it may change lol) so it's a bit different. For me it's never been about resenting my male side or letting it go. It's about being able to embrace my female side.

3. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cheers for response black rose :slight_smile:

Yeah kind of a combination for me, of learning to love femininity followed by a slow realization I actually quite dislike my masculine elements on most days. Haven't thought/observed my emotions enough/over enough time to figure out what's going on though.

So genderfluid is less like more dysphoria one day and none the next, and more like what feels more dominant one day to the next?

4. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will say that one person's definition of genderfluid might be different from the next. As to your original question, there are once again a lot of possibilities. Just give yourself time, and see how things feel. If you have someone you can trust to not betray you about this, talk to them. I have a wonderful friend who let me pour out my soul to him when I was first questioning, and that really helped. I honestly should probably talk to him again soon...anyway, being able to talk to someone and have them help you explore your identity can really help. Trust me on this.
    -Christine.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought I was just a crossdresser. I was terrified to wear more than clothes in certain safe spaces. I was never courageous to try on wigs or let me grow my hair out. But over the course of 30 or so years I started getting more curious. I always played female characters in games and started telling people I was a woman. It stopped feeling dishonest because it was what I felt inside. I knew those feelings were there all along but I repressed them...

Personally last week, when I finally came out to everyone at my school (I'm a teacher), I was able to throw out all of my male clothes. Don't think I've been happier.

That isn't to say I've thrown away everything that makes me a person that I am today in terms of my interests or friends and such. I just get to pursue more things now.