1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM Swimming !

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by staystrongnow, Apr 14, 2017.

1. staystrongnow

I really want to go swimming with my girlfriend but I don't know what to wear so I feel comfortable. What do you guys wear whilst swimming ? Thanks ! :icon_bigg

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a swim binder, but if you just have a regular binder; wearing a rash guard over it works too--but just be sure to wash it when you get out of the water.

3. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be honest I'm reall lazy and just wear a normal swimsuit but I considered wearing a sports bra, old t-shirt and sports shorts last time because my swimsuit makes me uncomfortable. I didn't in the end (I worry too much about what other people will think) but I saw a girl in the pool wearing a t-shirt and shirts before so it probably would have been fine.

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trans swimmerboy here.

I wear a black one piece with shorts as it is androgynous and, like most suits, already adequately compresses your chest for hydrodynamics. The shorts and colour scheme, I find, really make a difference.

The suit you should get depends on what you need it for. You have more options for casual swimming, as mentioned above, but if you intend on racing you have to look for compression and breathability. Here you may want to look into androgynous 'female' fast suits, because they are designed for racing and safe chest compression.

Another - though more expensive - option is a swimsuit designed specifically for trans guys. This one from Underworks I hope to get eventually, as it looks like a great suit.

Best of wishes. If you need any more help with swimming tips or suit recommendations feel free to post on my wall.

#4 Kodo, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  5. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends what you expect and how body conscious you are. I don't like the usual frilliness of female bathing suits, so I just have a sporty swimsuit. Board shorts are good too if you're going for a bikini. The more synthetic sports bras should be good for swimming too.

#5 Mihael, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017