1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being mistaken for a girl

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Simple Thoughts, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Simple Thoughts

So I'm biologically speaking, and I'm relatively certain mentally speaking I'm male. I have all the bits and I've never really felt anything negative regarding them. That being said, however, I've always found I really enjoy when people mistake me for a girl.

Given my hair being as pretty as it is ( yay pretty hair! ) people who aren't paying too much attention assume I'm a girl and address me as such. I've never been bothered by this at all. In fact it usually brings a smile to my face. It's one of the few things that does in all honesy. I usually have that permanent mean face on which I can't really help much. It honestly does for some weird reason make me happy when people mistake me for a girl...I was just at Wendy's today and some older guy was telling this old lady ( Who I'm guessing was his wife ) and their grandkids to let the "Lady" (me) go first so I wouldn't have to wait on their grandkids who were taking forever to decide what they wanted. Anyways...it just reminded me of how much I really enjoy being mistaken for a girl and so I decided to bring it up here.

I dunno if it's relevant or means anything, but it's pretty much just a fact about me at this point.

2. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get something similar. Few times I've been mistaken for a girl or had long pretty hair have absolutely loved it. Given my apparent dislike of masculinity this may in fact have some relevance...

In other words, cool!

3. Simple Thoughts

I just really enjoy it for some weird reason. I dunno why to be honest. I would imagine most people would get offended by that or something, but for me it always just makes me smile. I also kind of find it funny when kids ask their moms if I'm a girl, and the mom gets all embarrassed about it and tells them not to be rude. That always makes me chuckle a bit personally.

4. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha yeah it really is so lol-worthy when this happens. I think it's just because if you're not that serious a person it really is just a big joke :slight_smile:

5. Simple Thoughts

Yeah I suppose so. I always find it pleasant, and since I on and off against flirt with the idea of someday crossdressing it does help with the confidence a bit that I can be mistaken for a girl when I'm not even trying X3

6. Gray9

Cool! It doesn't feel odd or anything??

7. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been mistaken for a guy lots of times tho I think my face is kinda feminine plus I'm pretty short. It's never bothered me tho.

8. Simple Thoughts

Nah not really. I actually kind of like it ^-^

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2017 at 05:55 PM ----------

I wish I had a more feminine face.

9. annag423

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It happens to me at work on a pretty regular basis. My hair is shoulder-length now and a lot of customers will come up to me and say, "Excuse me, ma'am?" My hair is naturally straight but I get it permed (love my curls!) and anyways, about two weeks ago I got it blown out straight for my birthday. People took me for a woman far more frequently than they did when it was curly. Not sure why that it is.

Personally, I enjoy it. It just feels right, you know? Work is the one place I can present freely as who I am, and anytime someone takes me for a woman I count it as a win.