1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, about trans guy hair

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nyoom13, Apr 14, 2017.

1. nyoom13

So first things first: I'm closeted to everyone except for 5 of my close friends. Next: my mom is going to let me get my hair cut short, but I think she means like bob short. When I do get it cut, I have very intention of staying very far inside the closet, but I'm not sure how I could do that if it's GETTING CUT SHORT. What should I do? Should I look for short girl hair, or guy hair that's longer or something?

2. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #2 Cailan, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  3. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, nearly no one will ever assume you're trans unless you tell them. At least that's my experience. I have very short hair and sometimes get mistaken for a guy. Still even people I know and who are with me when someone addresses me with male pronouns don't assume that I'm anything else but a woman. Of course this depends on where you live, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

4. MichealStrider

Pixie Cut,
    It's a women hair cut but It's SHORT

5. AaronV

This. I had short hair, was binding and wore things from the men's section, yet no one suspected anything.

6. bringIt

Yes, same here. Unless your mom is actively pro- or antitrans, it's very unlikely that you will out yourself by getting a masculine haircut. At most she may think you're a lesbian. My transitioning went from being perceived as a straight woman :confused: to being perceived as a butch lesbian :dry: to being perceived as a guy :icon_bigg