1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I decided to transition but not all the way

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mihael, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, I haven't posted in a while... gender stuff has been going slowly... I think I sorted my feelings out, and it took both a counsellor and talking to someone trans and older than me... Mainly the latter. This trans person asked me how I'd feel about presenting as male for the rest of my life and that was an enlightening question. It struck me that what's been bugging me all this time is that:
    1. I want to present as male and refer to myself as male
    2. People think it would be ridiculous and inappropriate, and I'm not and won't be a man in their opinion
    To hell with them, I am a man. That's what being trans is about.

The way I anwsered this question, I said what I would really want and was like, haha, dumb idea... and then, it struck me that this idea might not be that dumb or unrealistic. So...what I wanted to say in the end is that I'm transitioning, socially. I want to just present as male. What anyone does with that, is not my problem, like, if they want to be ignorant, this is their problem.

Keep on looking for your solutions :slight_smile:

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sounds perfect man. we all transition or not as we feel appropriate for each of us on an individual basis.:thumbsup:

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same way about socially transitioning but you are much braver than I am. I'm a chicken. :lol: Good luck man!

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Well, it's not going to be big... I just want more masculine clothes and to change my name, and be more out, and that's it. I feel like it might not be such a huge deal after all and like I might be too scared... because I'm scared, lol. But looking at my experiences so far, it might be a no-problem, actually. I feel like I might regret it if I don't try...

Strange, it's taken me so much time to become okay with that thought. I'm like... I don't know, I can't get my points across any other way than coming out and presenting masculine... I'm much more chill about it now, but when I learnt I'm trans, I caught such a hyperfeminine phase... and "No, no, that can't be! That's not possible!"... that's called denial, and bargaining, isn't it?

Anyways, the femme phase is like... I used to be a jeans-and-a-tee type, so hard. And "ew, babies...". And so forth... But I have to say that's how it looks like when you don't know who you are. You have a need to prove it. Also, realising I'm trans made me realise why I dislike dresses, painted nails, and babies and the such, and I was able for the first time to do those things and feel okay, so... yeah.

I didn't want to be wierd too... I think, and I tried all ways to deal with this, and plain and simple saying it and expressing it freely works best so far.