1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid question... does this sound trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WeDreamOfPeace, Apr 16, 2017.

1. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really not too great at writing artistically, so just going to list what's been going through my mind and you people maybe try to tell me if I sound trans?

Note that these feelings have been fluctuating in intensity, from bothering me every minute to just being a passing thought.

Potential dysphoria; Hate/dislike (depends on the day) of masculine smell, body/facial hair, wish to be slender/pretty/fit rather than gritty/handsome/bulky. Apathetic attitude to heavy dislike of male genitalia. Wish to have androgynous/feminine hair, makeup, nails, perfume, voice, female underwear and shoes, but slight to no urges to entirely crossdress.

Sexuality/attraction; Occasionally wonder if I'm in fact a lesbian/bi woman, sometimes wonder about being feminine gay guy (despite being bi/pansexual), Sometimes feel urge to be like an attractive woman, whereas only feel attracted to men at most.

Gender roles; More than happily be pretty submissive, caring, romantic, nurturing etc. but also have no real problem with the idea of being a gritty man character, I.E. being strong and indomitable. Even then, feel a greater connection to heroines. EDIT: Should also note I feel slightly uncomfortable with the idea of being a daughter rather than a son, but feel neutral over whether I'm a Mum or a Dad.

Have a feel I'm answering my own question, but what do you think?

Peace & blessings :thumbsup: (*hug*):help:

#1 WeDreamOfPeace, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2017
  2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When trying to figure this out, forget about dressing, acting or looking like you are a woman, that's mainly a way for us to be seen as who we really are inside and feel at home in our bodies/ relieve dysphoria. There is nothing inherently wonderful about the clothes that women wear or the expectations put by society on us on what we should be wearing or how we should act.

What matters most is identity and what feels right to you. What makes you feel at peace with yourself, as a woman, do you feel comfortable, as if the world makes sense and as if you aee taking off a mask and just being yourself. Do you feel at home within the boundaries of what it means to be a woman? (*hug*)

#2 Eveline, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll simplify it. You just... know.

4. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So in other words if I can just feel comfortable with saying "I'm a woman", embracing that, and not feeling comfortable with being a man, that's it? Maybe I'm just in denial, having always been raised/treated/forced to act masculine, I'm too afraid to be feminine?

I have some soul-searching to do :slight_smile:

5. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, that's exactly right. Acceptance does take time and doubts are normal at the start of the journey. its also important to understand that you are doing this for yourself and if things don't feel right to you, if you find yourself even more lost and confused, try to take a step back and focus on other areas of your life, you can always revisit the question at a later point in your life. Transitoning often takes a large amount of time, I started the process 3 years ago and everything was put on hold because of the response by my family and my decision to place my family's wellbeing before my own. While the world might not see me as who I am inside, I'm ok because ultimately, I know who I am and I know that others can't take away my inner sense of being and self.

Transitioning is about projecting to the world the image of who you already are inside. It isn't about adopting a new identity or changing your inner sense of self from male to female. It is about removing the chains and the mask that society has forced you to wear and feeling free to express to the world who you really are inside.

#5 Eveline, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  6. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's the most beautiful way I've ever heard it described. Thankyou (*hug*)