1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm struggling with what I am.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LittleMissVix, Apr 16, 2017.

1. LittleMissVix

Since last year, I've felt the need to be more feminine. When I turned fourteen, I realized that I want to be a girl. But now, as my fifteenth birthday is approaching, I also want to be a boy at the same time I want to be male. I've decided that the best way to go is to approach androgyny (which will be hard to pull off with very conservative parents), but for a while now I've been playing with the idea of getting feminization surgeries (rhinoplasties and stuff), but not a sex change. But for now... I don't know what to identify as. I don't think I'd be non-binary, because I identify as male sometimes and female others. I know labels don't matter to most people... but strangely enough, they do to me because they show who I am as a person, and even if they don't show it to others, they show it to me. Side note: I very much dislike the word genderfluid. It's most likely how it fits me, but with the people screaming about "straight, cis males" on the internet, the word has a connotation of negativity and contempt. I know it probably sounds immature.

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    have you tried the label of bi-gender (m/f) I identify as this although im AMAB I am majority female.

3. KitSylph

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Miss Vix,

I agree with "looking": your description sounds like you could be bi-gender to me. That's what I am. I don't identify with "genderfluid," either, because to me that suggests blending genders, which I mostly don't do.

Bi-gender is under the "transgender" umbrella (because we don't stick with the single sex assigned to us at birth) and is considered "non-binary" (because we are neither strictly male nor strictly female). Some of us go back and forth between genders, others feel both genders at once, and for some it's a mixture. In my case, I go back and forth.

The two genders of a bi-gender person don't even necessarily need to be "male" and "female." For instance, they could be "female" and "other."

You don't have to be one gender. If you're more than one gender, you don't have to fit stereotypes for whatever gender you are or be just one gender at a time. You don't have to give equal time to your genders, either.

Good luck! Post here if you need information or support.