1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any tips on appearing more gender-neutral?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 12 Armed Ducks, Apr 18, 2017.

1. I've been a little bit back and forth with my gender identity. I'm AMAB and I once thought I was agender, but then I decided I was bigender.

I've only come out to some of my friends and I'm not sure if my parents would notice if I started to change my behavior. I'm not really sure how to go about changing myself without upsetting any family members. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry if I'm unclear in any way. If you need me to clarify anything, please ask.

2. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Get some inspiration off the internet or look up gender-neutral clothing or androgynous models.

It can be as subtle as a hairstyle that swings both ways or clothes that hide your masculine and feminine features or makeup that is a little bit more extreme or provocative. I'd say have fun. Chances are, you have a style you've been dying to try out lately. I highly encourage you to experiment. Put together clothes that you feel great in. There's ways to exude a definite, gendered feeling (e.g., androgyny) without leaning either way specifically. I'd say skinny jeans, muscle tops, leather jackets, and combat boots tend to have that effect, but that's just the way I'd rock it. You gotta try your own style.