1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Does My Dysphoria Keep Getting Worse???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eldrher, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm literally here purely to vent. I don't get why it has to make my life such a misery. Is there anything I can do. I can't transition yet. According to my parents it's not top priority. The worst thing is the uncertainty, eating away at me. I'm transgender, but there's that one part of me that questions. "Am I really? What if its a phase? U weren't too fussed about it as a kid?" I've always been a tomboy, but I still liked make-up and jewellery. I don't wear make-up now and I'm not interested in it in the slightest. I don't even wear jewellery anymore. I can't look in the mirror without wanting to cry. I can't even shower without wanting to cry. I feel too feminine and its not what I want. I want to live as a normal teenage boy. What worries me a lot is my cousins wedding. It's in two years yet though and I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid. I've already told her I don't want a dress and she said that's okay, but she still wants some femininity. What if I'm not trans? What if something else is the issue and I'll never be taken seriously again. My parents are scared that I'll regret transitioning. I hate being referred to as she/her. I want to accept myself fully as well as being accepted by others. I want the dysphoria to go away. I'd be fine if my body wasn't so femininily shaped. I want to feel like I'm real to myself, and that my gender issues are valid. Sorry about that mess of a post. I'm just upset.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dysphoria is one of those shitty things that has its highs and lows, and being in the trap of being full of doubt doesn't usually help much.

What I would say is build a support group of people who reaffirm your identity; even if it's an online collective like here if people offline are being stubborn about something as simple as acknowledging your pronouns. With your parents, who can always be the toughest bunch to work with, maybe tell them you want to try going by another name and set of pronouns to see how it makes you feel, even if you're sure they will make you a lot happier. Even if it's small, it could probably do numbers for you and what you're going through.

3. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My boyfriend referrs to me with male pronouns when we're alone and he always calls me Kiy instead of Kiya, which helps a lot.

4. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unfortunately, dysphoria can be really hard to cope wit while you are in the acceptance phase of transitioning. I see it as our body's way of telling us that we really are trans. Things do become a bit easier once you accept and move forward with the process of transitioning. No matter what, doubts are perfectly normal and over time you will work through them and feel more comfortable with who you are. It can take some time so try to be patient and let things fall into place. If things become too hard, try to distract yourself with video game or film until things settle down and you feel ok again. (*hug*)

You will be in a different place entirely in two years, at the moment because of the increased anxiety and dysphoria the event might seem extremdly intimidating but I'm sure you will cope fine with the event, try to remember that no matter how you express yourself, you will always remain a man. It is a part of who you are, your innate sense of self and being. Clothes are nothing more than a tool that we use to reinforce our identities to society but what truly matters is who we are inside. (*hug*)

5. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Bro, don't give up. There's lots of stuff you can do. Get male clothes, a binder, join a gym. You're also probably suffering from a baby face. And this will get better with time. At 18 you'll be able to look like a teenage boy. Also voice training.

6. RileyWeaves

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Basically all of my suggestions regarding dysphoria have been mentioned already- however, I saw some that I didn't think of before, which I will probably put into practice soon.

Additionally: If you still want to have the level/position of bridesmaid, when that time comes, you could discuss changing the title, to something equivalent, but less feminine. I know there are others already out there, and you could probably work with your cousin to make your own.

7. LostTribe

Hello there, my dysphoria gets worse too lately. Maybe your reasons are similar to mine, maybe not. My reasons are being DEPRIVED by family and society ever since to live the life I desire because it's a complete taboo. I am in a crisis of trying to fill in the things I was forced to miss as a child because of the so damn important gender roles!!!
    I literally feel like I want to explode.