1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably not transgender, but somewhere along there

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GodsLittleMan, Apr 23, 2017.

1. GodsLittleMan

Hi guys, I just found this support forum when using Google. I don't think I'm actually a transgendered male-to-female. If I was, I believe I'd be thinking about gender issues more often. At the same time, I really want to look like a woman, I'm at least androgynous. But I don't really have any feelings either way for my male body parts, I like who I am. But other aspects of presentation play a little part too, not just appearance and clothes, but it's still a big factor.

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi. (*hug*)

Have you got any questions?

In general, it's fairly common for men to enjoy crossdressing which makes gender expression a poor indicator of whether or not you are trans. What seems to matter most is your inner sense of self, how you feel inside and how you relate to the world. Gender dysphoria is also an important indicator, do you feel like your body is wrong, maybe a feeling as if you are wearing a mask or a sense of disconnect from your body when you look at the mirror or interact with others, does being viewed as a man make you feel uncomfortable in some way? (*hug*)

3. GodsLittleMan

No, being viewed as a man does not make me uncomfortable, but gender issues are still involved with cross-dressing. I wouldn't see it as just for mere recreation either. It's a little deeper than that.

#3 GodsLittleMan, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
  4. smee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, welcome to the forum.

If it helps, I think that after realizing that I had lived with and suppressed a transgender part of myself for half an adult life, my first questions were along the line of "WTF??" I suspect that any of the confusion that you can shape into questions will help. It may also be difficult. :slight_smile:

I think that it's still a matter of self identification. I mean, it helps to bounce ideas off of others, but who else is going to know you better than yourself, and how would it help for you to say "I am xyz!" and have someone come back with "No, you're not!" :slight_smile: The post stuck at the top of this forum may be helpful: Useful/Helpful/Informative Threads and Links on Gender Identity

I get terms wrong a lot, but I think of crossdressing as an activity or means of expression performed by women and men while still claiming an entirely female or male identity. It's a pretty common thing to do. I'm old though, and I I do wonder sometimes if some people identified as crossdressers especially in the past because "it's complicated" wasn't accepted as a gender marker. Really though, it's your thing, do what you wanna do.