1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I going to regret this?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SpaceJayce, Apr 24, 2017.

1. SpaceJayce

Hi guys. I'm starting T tomorrow and it's been such a long journey! Saying how happy I am to have finally reached this point is a bit of an understatement. I'm sure of myself and I could see myself as a man in the future, settling down with a spouse, etc., but the thought of regret just hit me. I almost never see older trans men represented in the media. Maybe it's more of my mother's doubts playing into my head but I really worry regretting this in the future. I know I'm happy and super excited to start this process now, but will 40 year old me be happy with this decision? It's not something to take lightly... if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!!

2. grass

grass Guest

The thing that one of my mom's trans friend doesn't like is feeling unnatural, but everyone feels different. The early stages of transition will be hard, but I think you'll be happy in the end. Congratulations on starting T! :slight_smile:

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

There will be times that you regret it as we all regret important decisions that we made at those times when we are struggling, however, regrets are fleeting and during the happier moments, when you feel whole and true to yourself, the decision will feel like the most important decision you ever made. Most of the time, it will just be a part of your life, something that you take for granted because life goes on, you develop routine and the testosterone and everything that it represents is part of that routine. We tend to fall into patterns of behavior and many aspects of our lives become automatic. This is one such thing but overall, from stories of others, it's something that will make your life better in the long run and that's why choosing to take it is most likely the correct decision. We can't know what the future will bring, all we can do is stack the odds in our favour and roll the dice and hope that things work out for us in the end.

Goodluck. (*hug*)

#3 Eveline, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  4. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yooo I'm having my first shot tomorrow too! Happy T day to us! I'm so damn pumped I've been waiting years for this day. I've heard that a lot of guys get nervous and end up doubting themselves just before but you said yourself, you're sure of yourself, you're damn happy that the day is finally here and dude you're going to start seeing the man you are in the mirror! I think that once you get it done all the worries will be behind you and it'll just be excitement and relief that you've finally started medically transitioning. Try to relax and distract yourself tonight, don't get yourself worked up about it.

5. SpaceJayce

Thank you guys, you really helped to put my mind at ease. I know i'm going to be happy about this decision, it's just nerves I think.

Also Isaac (Aberrance) HAPPY T DAY DUDE!!! I'm so excited for both of us! I'll be cheering you on from New York!

#5 SpaceJayce, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017