1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians, would you consider dating a very feminine trans guy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Foxfeather, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been wondering about the possibility of top surgery for quite a while and I think that the truth is, I'm really not a girl on the inside anymore. I am considering top surgery but I don't want anything else due to complications and the imperfections of bottom surgery and Testosterone.

My most likely dating pool would probably consist of lesbians, I think. I'd bee this breastless person, seemingly stuck between genders, but I'd otherwise look female. And I don't think I necessarily need to be seen as male (I've been seen female my whole life and I think it'll make me tough, like a boy named Sue), all I need is that internal validation that I am no longer female.

So ladies--would you ever consider dating a trans guy who essentially looks female? :slight_smile: Be honest. How important are breasts to attractiveness and sex to you?

2. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't forget bisexuals and pansexuals. They could easily see the merits of someone who is more in the middle physically. Personally I don't think breasts are a hugely important thing if i like you. I've had huge crushes on girls with tiny breasts so consequently I've never really thought about them much but still been attracted.

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bisexual and I second this. ^ I wouldn't mind at all, actually I find many androgynous presenting people attractive.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer whoever I want to have a relationship with to be feminine. Cis/trans. Male/female. Whatever. I prefer the feminine.

5. Hitomi

I am honestly kind of confused by this question. I had to read it a few times and I still don't really get it, honestly. No offense! If you identify as male (despite looking like a girl), why would you want to attract lesbians? Lesbians are girls who like girls, so I do am honestly very confused by your question. It doesn't really matter if you continue to look like a girl, if you identify as a male then I don't think it would work with a lesbian, but that's just me.

Maybe a bisexual or pansexual girl would be a better option? :slight_smile:

6. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a pan/bi trans girl, I would more than happily date a feminine trans guy. Can't speak for our lesbian sisters though :slight_smile:

7. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I don't date men....even feminine ones. You should probably keep yourself open to bi women.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't clarify. Breasts actually aren't that important to me, I could date a flat-chested girl and not care. The bigger issue is that you don't see yourself as female, and probably would want to be treated male in the relationship.

#7 Creativemind, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  8. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, I am attracted to women but I am quite happy to be friends! (*hug*)

Breasts don't really matter to me, I care more about a person's personality and the emotional connection that I feel with that person. Visually, I mainly see other women's faces and find features that I perceive as kind and caring attractive.

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd date a feminine transguy, but then again I am a guy so I suppose that'd be a gay relationship.

Like others have said, bisexual people tend to be the best bet for such situations.

10. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well when it comes to the boobs or ass question, my answer is definitely boobs...so yeah, for me boobs are important. But i think i'd be more hung up on if you identify as a guy or girl to be honest. Cause if you identify as a guy i'd probably 'put the blinders on' so to speak like i do with any and all hot female coworkers.

But are you FtM trans? You said you don't want to be seen as a male...are you agender or nonbinary or something along those lines, then? I only follow two trans youtubers so that's all i know about it - FtM Jayden Wale and MtF Chloe Arden. Sorry if i'm being unintentionally rude or hurtful or anything, i'm just trying to understand it and wrap my head around it. I want to understand other people's points of view. This is something that when i come out and start dating i'll probably have to consider anyways, it seems like.

Are you just looking to feel out your dating options? What would you prefer anyways, this is about you - is it your ideal to be with a girl who sees you as a guy? But would from what you said have to be okay with lesbian sex.

11. RileyWeaves

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you identify as a male, there are some straight women who would be okay with dating you (if they're into you, obviously). I agree with most of the other posts on here, it probably depends on what gender you mentally identify with, more than your appearance. I can't speak for certain regarding others, but I know plenty of people that wouldn't care what gender you are (biologically or mentally) if they like you enough to date you.

12. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry about all the confusion. I identify as male, but I don't want to get hormone therapy. So in the end, I may only end up looking like a soft butch woman without breasts.

I want to date women, but I feel like there's this huge gap between being masculine vs feminine, male vs female. I know I may never look like a man or be seen as a man by the majority of society. And that's okay. More than being accepted by them or being defined by them, I know on the inside that I do not identify as a woman. I have feminine characteristics, inside and out, but I no longer identify as a woman. Had I a choice, I'd rather have been born a man.

Because I naturally will have a very feminine appearance despite any future chest surgery, my best bet are pansexuals, bisexuals, and, I think, also lesbians. I am very easily mistaken for a soft butch--which is okay with me.

The reason I am considering top surgery isn't for someone else, but for myself. Knowing I don't have breasts will make me feel better. I'm just curious whether that will bother lesbians.

I can understand why this may seem like a confusing question, but it's just a question about personal physical attraction to other people. :slight_smile:

I'm a trans guy . . . who probably just looks like a soft butch without breasts. I don't want surgery. I don't want to try to "pass" as male anymore. I know I will never look like a man at this point. And nobody may ever acknowledge me for my true gender. And that is A-okay. I just am curious how wide my dating pool is. It's not so much a question of, do you see me as a man? It's more, do you think you, personally, would be okay with being my wife (and get all the awesome benefits that come with that)? :slight_smile:

I know that I'm different from a lot of the other trans guys on Empty Closets, but really, I do identify as male. I'm not a soft butch, but I am trying to find a way to work with my really girlish looks. Ladies, trust me, if you saw me, and you're a lesbian, I bet you'd be more likely to be attracted to me than a straight woman.

13. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe I should clarify further, lol.

I could be physically attracted to a trans man that doesn't pass at all, especially since there's no way of knowing. But even if I don't see you as a man personally (which I would have a hard time doing to begin with as I respect gender identities), I would be turned off by dating someone who identifies as a man.

And to clarify, It's not the label alone that breaks the relationship. A label is not going to make or break attraction, obviously. It's the fact that it changes the whole dynamic of the relationship. The way I'd have to refer to someone as my "boyfriend" makes me cringe as I'm already out and don't want to go back. Your sex life can change and may resemble heterosexual sex due to the gender identity and boundaries involved. That would also be a turn-off. I don't want to feel like I have a boyfriend in social ways.

Having no breasts doesn't bother me if this is a woman who identifies as a woman and who "acts" like a lesbian would. Dating a trans man resembles heterosexuality way too much (well, duh!) even if there's no penis, testosterone, or masculinity involved. I have a hard time believing that a trans guy would want to be treated completely like a woman and like a lesbian- but I need that in order to feel happy in the relationship.

It's for the same reason I wouldn't date a cis male who is a feminine crossdresser. He's still not a woman.

#13 Creativemind, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  14. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Foxfeather, for a lesbian to want to date you she would have to perceive you fully as a woman, there is no middle ground here, attraction doesn't work in such a way. People who have been married for years who still love each other and that have children often go through a divorce if one comes out as trans and the orientation of their partner is incompatible. It just doesn't work and the only way that it would is if the whole relationship is shrouded in lies. It is important to respect the sexual orientation of people in the same way we expect others to respect our gender identity. One of the most frustrating experiences for a lesbian woman is to have a man believe that he might be an exception, that because he is special she will fall madly in love with him and become straight. I know this is different and I do understand from where you are coming from but you simply can't have both worlds, theoretically you could try to forget about being trans and find a lesbian partner but doing so would come at a cost to yourself and the woman in question if you ever tell her the truth. Even if you choose not to transition fully, straight women are a much better choice than lesbian women. You identify as trans for a reason and being a man or a woman is much more than our physical bodies.