1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and need help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kc563, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Kc563

Ok so I've been straight my whole life and I've never EVER even thought about being with a girl.. but there's this one girl who I have feelings for. We never speak and we're the complete opposite: she's sporty, I'm not; she's popular, I'm not etc... and I don't know what to do... I don't even know her sexual orientation.... do I talk to her, leave it, dm her etc? I just don't know what to do... I have really strong feelings for her and I don't know whether I'm still straight... I'm just so confused

2. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey :slight_smile:

I found myself in a very similar situation not too long ago and I can understand that this is all very scary and confusing to you right now. I understand your feelings, but you don't need to panic!
    This doesn't necessarily have change your entire life right away. You can take all the time you need figuring out what you want, what you identify as, if, when, to whom you want to come out, and so on. There's no pressure at all. :slight_smile:

For me, realising I am bi actually made me feel a lot more relaxed, after the initial panic faded.

This doesn't need to change the way you think about your hetero past, too.

I think there's two very important things happening parallely that you should maybe try to seperate in your head a little.

Firstly there's your sexuality. Like I said, you can take all the time in the world figuring this part out and it has the potential to make you feel a lot happier and more like you long term. :slight_smile:

The second thing is the girl you like. :slight_smile: Do you maybe want to tell us a little more about her? How do you know her? What's the situation like?

I'm about to go to sleep, so I'm sorry about any mistakes. I'll check your thread again in the morning.
    You'll be fine! :slight_smile:

-Mia

3. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope you're okay! Write to me if you'd like to talk!

4. Kc563

REPLY:
    Hiya!!!! Thank you for commenting on my post. It helped a lot! You wanted to know a bit about the girl and my relationship status with her so here:
    She's only ever spoken to her once because I feel intimidated by her as she's one of "the popular kids".... she doesn't really know me and the only time I really see her is in French class. If I did tell her how I felt and she didn't feel the same, it would probably go round the whole school and it would be quite embarrassing... I just don't know what to do. Xxx

5. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    School can be a crazy harsh environment! I would just see if you can get closer to her and get to know her better (that will take some strength on your part as you are shy around her.) But try. You don't know what she is really like, after all.

6. Kc563

Thank you xxxxx