1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Menstruation And Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by birobigenausex, Apr 29, 2017.

1. birobigenausex

So here's an interesting discovery I've recently made... I see things from a guy's perspective more when I have my period. Like I fantasize about two men(and being one of them) or I fantasize about having a penis way more. Is this because of the increased testosterone production during this time? Anyone else feel like this?

#1 birobigenausex, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  2. RileyWeaves

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not bi-gender, so I can't completely relate, but I think your theory of the increased testosterone is possible. When I menstruate usually I have pretty bad dyshporia, but that's also the case when I'm not (it's just a semi-constant thing).

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I doubt that would be the case. Injecting testosterone into a cis-woman wouldn't change her gender identity (an example) so having more testosterone in your body during that time shouldnt be the reason anything changes.

4. birobigenausex

Hmmm, true, since it's in your mind, not between your legs whether you feel more woman or man as a trans person. But, then, why do I feel a stronger urge for those things while menstruating? Plus, a cis woman may not have as much testosterone in her body as a bigender to begin, so that's why injecting testosterone wouldn't have an effect? And, then, if testerone can't affect your mind, why does an increase in testerone make us hornier during that time of month?

5. RileyWeaves

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Could it be that since you already have "gay/bi male" in your brain (albeit sharing with another gender) the increase in testosterone brings him out (like, he's more comfortable expressing himself)? A ciswoman wouldn't have a male side of her brain to be triggered by the hormones, but I found a site claiming that the increased estrogen levels at other points in the cycle are what cause the "happy week".

6. Najlen

I can sort of relate. I used to feel more like a guy when I was on my period (I used to identify as genderfluid) but it was because my dysphoria was a lot more noticeable during that time. I've since gone on the three month sort of birth control, which helps a lot with dysphoria.

7. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course it can. Where does that info come from? Read actual medical sites about the effects of hormones, and you'll find that testosterone makes people hornier and more angry. Other hormones change the mood too, but in different ways.

It's normal. Many women experience horniness on period.