1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kodiakruble, Apr 29, 2017.

1. kodiakruble

So Im really confused about my gender. About a year ago I started to expirience those weird thoughts like what if I was a guy etc. At simular time I started to imagine myself being in a relationship and being the guy and I enjoyed that thought. I cut my hair and started to dress more like a tomboy. I really enjoy it especially when you can just see me from shoulders up so I present like a boy. I've been called a gent once and I loved it. But the problem is that I dont know if I have gender dysphoria. For example I dont know if I hate my boobs or if its just me telling myself that. I also read how other trans men experience gender dysphoria and like they say they get panic attacks etc. and I dont get that I just hate the thought of my boobs and ladyparts.

2. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think having panic attacks from dysphoria just means it´s pretty bad and you really need help. If you ask me I wouldn´t be worrying because I don´t get panic attacks.

I´m not a professional but, you enjoy being a boy right? You don´t like your boobs and ladyparts. Why would you be lying to yourself you don´t like them if you do like them? And if you would lie to yourself you don´t like them why would you do that?

Of course it could be just a phase and you could just enjoying something new. So I recommend you to wait and see what times does. But honestly, only you know what you want and what you like.

Good luck with discovering yourself, if you wanna talk feel free to pm me :slight_smile:

3. HeHimHarrison

Well, consider the alternative: living as a girl, having long hair, being called she/her, having "lady parts"...if that's uncomfortable for you then you can change the things that make you unhappy. If you don't hate your boobs you don't *HAVE* to remove them to be a real guy, you don't have to get SRS for the same reason. Do what makes you comfy, even if you like being called a guy but still use she/her, or likes feminine things, or anything that society deems female. In reality, dysphoria doesn't have to be incredibly intense or always present.

I used to LOATHE any jewelry I wore. I would never wear a necklace or earrings (which were pierced against my will) and hated anything feminine. Now I'm OK with androgynous style and I've gone in drag sometimes! It's raised some eyebrows :grin: My point is I don't get that dysphoric over femmy things anymore. It's completely natural to get comfortable as you get older, and if you feel that way you should embrace it instead of trying to conform. Of course, if you do feel horrible about your breasticles, no one's forcing you to not change them either!

TL;DR: Do what you want!