1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid and in need of help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lizz, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Lizz

Hi. I've had some dysphoria lately because I've been male. It has been hard because I'm in the closet to hear people call me her and she. My birth name is one that has no male version and isn't remotely unisex. It's Annie. I like the name Rowan (and I've been using it) but I can't legally get my name changed because my mother has made rude remarks about people who don't keep their name and/or change their sex/gender. I can legally change it when I turn 18 without my mothers approval needed (I think). But that's a long time from now. I live in a part of Oregon that is filled with bigots and people have been assulted for being openly trans*. I've been male for a few months in a row now. It's getting harder. I need a binder to flatten my chest but my mother will notice the difference. I can't talk to my therapist about this cause I know that she talks to my mother about what I say to her. Is there any way to get rid of my dysphoria without coming out, committing suicide, or binding with ACE.

2. Chatnoir13

Hey Rowan! I understand where youre coming from with the whole uncooperative parents thing. For binding i usually buy sports bras without the cups in them and that helps flatten things out a bit and it's easy to get away with buying when you have unsupportive parents. I'm sorry you have to be in a situation like that.

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried sports bras and layering? Dark clothes, loose clothes...

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2017 at 12:36 PM ----------

Guys' hoodies, those you can get away with easily...