1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I was FtM but now I just don't know

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ConfusedSole, Apr 29, 2017.

1. ConfusedSole

For about 5 years I have thought of myself as a transmasculine person but some things have recently come up that are making me question everything. I have realized recently that I mostly identify as a man, but sometimes I identify as just being androgynous. I'm not sure exactly what this means. Am I genderfluid? Am I nonbinary? I really just want to know if I'm valid in any specific gender identity.:help:

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude, it's normal to "just be" with no gender. No matter your actual gender.

3. AaronV

What things have recently come up? Maybe they don't require a change in identity... I mean I identify as a man but don't think about about my gender constantly. Most of the time I'm just me. I think it completely valid to not have a strong sense of gender some times.

4. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, you aren't alone. I've been a trans man for about the same time as you (fully out for about a year) and lately I've been realizing that maybe my gender isn't as male as I originally thought. I'm beginning to think I may be on the non-binary spectrum.

For some reason I feel so afraid to tell people. Even people I know will be cool about it! It's tough, and a weird emotional state to be in. What's been keeping me going is remembering that gender can be fluid, and that's okay. It's a personal experience and no one but you can decide what's right for you.

5. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could be bi-gender (which can be any two, it doesn't have to be male and female). Genderfluid usually involves more steps and identities in-between. But that doesn't mean you can't be transmasculine and transition if you want. It just means there's more to you than *just* FtM.

6. Zoneingout

Labels are great to have to help us feel like we belong
    and help others understand but in the end it's what label you want or if you even want to have a label that matters. What you described sounds like something that could be mistaken for another gender, but i could be wrong how i see this is it sounds like you're "Expressing yourself in one way "Androgynous" and gender wise you're "Male"
    Expression and gender are different ^_^ it can be confusing though.

But if i'm wrong then let me add yes there are genders other then male
    like you could say non binary or bigender