1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some binder washing tips for y'all

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ErickWolf, May 3, 2017.

1. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So when I got my first actual binder last year, I had worn it for a few days then given up since I thought I couldn't wash it and I didn't know how to hand wash it properly. But then I decided to put the thing in the wash. I've found that, by putting it in a lingerie bag and washing it on cold/cold cycle, then hanging it up to dry in front of a fan (NOT putting it in the dryer or in front of a space heater!), that's worked out great. I've heard some guys go 'oh who cares I put it in the dryer and it's fine'. I never want to even try risking it; I've never done that and will never do it. Especially for people who only have one, if you find a way to wash and dry it that works, DO NOT risk anything that could wreck it. It's just not worth it, seriously guys. Anyway. Thought I'd share that with everybody since I've been doing mine this way for ages and it's worked perfectly.

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the reason why you shouldn't put it in a dryer is because it could shrink. Mine is borderline too big so I've dried it a couple times and it is tighter when it's out, but that is okay because of the sizing differential. Still, though, I go as long as I can without washing it so it stays in good condition.

Good idea with the washing method however.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had just one that I've worn daily for over a year now. I hand wash it by putting it in hot water in the sink with some detergent, rubbing it a bit and then leaving it to soak, rinsing it out with cold water and then doing the same again and hanging it up to dry over night. Does the job and it's not difficult.

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do the same with my binder.

I like your idea, especially the fan part...I just don't have a portable fan. Hmmm. Thanks for sharing!

Sebby45

#4 Sebby45, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017