1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They/Them Pronouns

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Casey221B, May 3, 2017.

1. Casey221B

I think I might want to start using they/them pronouns. When people use she/her pronouns for me, I don't have dysphoria but it feels kind of odd. Like a huh kind of feeling. Does anyone else feel like this?

2. BostonStranger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem for me is that they and them don't work like that in the Dutch language, but the few English friends that I'm out to as genderfluid use they and them. I'm fine with he and she, but I obviously prefer one over the other at different times. Keeping everyone informed would just take way too much time, so they and them are a good way to cover all the bases :slight_smile:

3. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm good with sticking with my she/her pronouns for myself, no matter what mode I'm in. I simply don't see a reason to change, and they/them simply confuses the general public. I doubt it will ever catch on in the general population.

4. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely know people who feel that way, though I don't feel that way myself.

They/them pronouns are a wonderful, and you should definitely try them out if they think they suit you. I go by he/him or they/them pronouns myself, and sometimes I very much prefer the gender-neutral option. Your pronouns are yours to decide. If you end up not liking it, you can always switch back to she/her.

5. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would definitely prefer they/them

6. Krishebble

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer they, but if someone uses he/him it depends how I am feeling that day. Most days I can just shrug it off, but some days it feels like needles under my skin