1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding courage

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eveline, May 8, 2017.

1. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sitting here, after a long night of thinking about courage, about finding the courage to stop being so afraid, finding the courage to be myself and stop caring so much about being judged by others. Looking back, with the support of my family, I might have found the strength to transition a year ago but the truth is I will never really know. Maybe this was always about me and my fears and ancieyies. Maybe I needed and still need to go through a process of growth, a journey to get rid of the chains that hide me away from the world and the inhibitions that trap me in a life hidden behind a mask. I honestly don't know if I'll ever have the happy ending that I dream of. However, one thing that I truly believe is that I will never give up on the hope that such a life is possible. I will never let go of who I am inside and I will continue to believe that some day, others will likewise see and accept me for who I've always been and will always be, a woman.

(&&&)

Eveline

---------- Post added 8th May 2017 at 11:02 AM ----------

So let me ask, how did you find the courage to let go of the fears, of the inhibitions and chains that life binds us with? I think sometimes we all need to remember how far we have come and be proud of the journey and the many steps that we've made to be here today. (*hug*)

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found my 5 seconds of bravery deep inside. Everyone has it I summond it up and come out to someone.

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (*hug*)

Coming out was so terrifying for me. I had written a short childrens story in preperation but eventually I decided to just say it to my mother. Since then I came out so many times and I guess that at least my one of my brothers doesn't respond badly, being trans just feels like something that I am supposed to keep to myself to avoid making people uncomfortable. For a long time I blamed myself or my family for how badly everything turned out for me. However, I feel that everything is becoming easier as time goes by, the guilt doesn't feel as intense and in many ways I feel as if I have nothing to lose, how can you fall down lower than I was when I was alone trying to deal with the rejection and the deepening depression. This thread has really been the first time in months that I was willing to admit to myself that my journey hasn't really ended, that despite everything, I am still moving forward. It can be hard sometimes to see the steps that we are making and have made over the last year. We try to convince ourselves that we are stuck in place and helpless but every day that passes is meaningful, we've survived and have taken one step forward towards are goal, even if it is the tinniest of steps.

---------- Post added 8th May 2017 at 11:54 AM ----------

Yet after writing what I did I feel the familiar sickness of anxiety and dysphoria and it drains away my conviction, tells me that I made a mistake and I am deluding myself and others by trying to paint the world in a positive light. It often feels like a balancing act, feeling a need to escape as the world sinks lower and lower into the emptiness and often self loathing that you feel as the dysphoria increases in intensity and finding the strength to believe that things will get better and trying to take a step or two forward.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think life is a journey so I don't think it ever stops it's just the journey is more evident if you are struggling or finding things tough.

When is the last time you came out to someone?

5. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It has been a while now, there is no one really I want to come out to. I came out to those that I loved most and did my best to help them understand, what I was unable to do, hopefully time will.

Thank you for wanting to help, I do appreciate it. (*hug*)

I started this thread because I wanted to write something positive and meaningful. Unfortunately, I over thought things yet again and took the thread in a direction I didn't want to take it. I don't really know what I want right now and what I'm searching for, I'm starting in October a degree in psychology which I see as a step in the right direction for me and hopefully things will fall into place. Sometimes you just need to be patient and believe that things will eventually get better. x

#5 Eveline, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    there's your ticket hun, things will get better. I find meditation helps with the depression and the questions. I like to sit quietly, still my oh so loud mind by giving it a job like counting breaths, then ask myself a question, like what is my real name.....? when I did this Sarah came back to me and it felt right. that was one question, I still question if im doing the right thing transitioning at 50 years old, the answer is always yes.

doing something positive, even if just planning outfits, can be a self affirming use of your time to distract the mind from the darker paths, making them just light enough to navigate.

hope this helps hun (*hug*)

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was drunk as shit the first time I came out when having a true heart to heart with my best friend.

The rest after that was courage. It was like I opened the floodgates.

I had a chance a number of years ago. My therapist tried to get me to admit something and I knew what it was but I lied like a rug... oh well I'm living it up now and couldn't be happier.