1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get my first binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anthracite, May 10, 2017.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Okay guys, I finally wanna do the next step. I think with it my posture will improve, you know my shoulders look broader without loosing the flat look. Especially in summer it's good when I can't layer that well.

How many do you need? Two, three?

And where do I buy them? Any good shops in europe, where I could avoid shipping costs?

2. randomconnorcon

The most common, and usually preferred because they're definitely legit and safe, are GC2B and Underworks. GC2B is American, I think Underworks might be as well, but I do know that they're both ordered online. As are the less legit places and the crap binders. If you look around, you might find a place in your country with a website to give away binders (the UK has one or two), so would have free or small shipping costs. I've never seen binders sold in stores, though. Sorry.

I only got one, from GC2B, because of the prices - binder, shipping, customs. Some people get two. By the time some guys are ready for top surgery, they've got a few binders because they've bought them over time not all at once. How many you want really depends on you.

I hope any of this helps. Maybe someone in or closer to Germany can give you a better answer.

#2 randomconnorcon, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  3. novena

From what I've heard, GC2B is the best but Underworks is a very similar quality, depends on how flat you are naturally. I'd say you need a minimum of 2 so you've always got something to wear while one is in the wash but it's always better to have extras.

Just a warning: they take absolutely ages to arrive as they're American or something like that.

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're going to have a very hard time acquiring a binder without paying shipping.

GC2b and Underworks are the most reputable and each has pros and cons. In my experience, Gc2b tend to be more comfortable and stretchy but less attractive/masculine looking and lower quality. Underworks binders were originally intended for cis men with gynecomastia and they have a much more plain and masculine appearance. I kind of hate the looks of gc2b binders, but I will admit, most are much more comfortable. My underworks white tritop is crazy uncomfortable. I also have a full length black one that is fine though. For some reason they are made of different materials. The white is very scratchy and stiff but the black is pretty soft. As far as I can tell all GC2b binders are made of the same stretchy spandex like material.

I have three gc2b binders, two of them are coming apart. I have two underworks binders, both are still in perfect condition.

If you are going to bind every day, I'd say you should have two minimum. Maybe try ordering one from each company and seeing which you prefer.

Another thing to consider is color and length. You'll find them in full length and half length and white black or nude. Gc2b also has grey, green, blue and red. Full length is very hot in the summer, but I prefer them otherwise. Lighter colors won't show as much under light/thin shirts.

Tip: If you are between sizes, go up don't go down. All my binders are size small except one medium. I am between a medium and small and probably should have gone medium the whole time. I think having binders slightly too small has made my gc2b binders wear out quicker, though it doesn't seem to have hurt my underworks ones. The one gc2b binder I have that is still in good shape is the medium.

#4 Rickystarr, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  5. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to chime in on quality. Underworks binders are very well made in that they are made to last, but not very comfortable material wise. I am just getting my first gc2b binder, so have yet to compare.

6. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's an online ftm/mtf store called Danae that's located in Holland.
    They have binders and packers, harnesses and even shoe lifts.

https://www.danae.info/b2ben/

7. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can vouch for underworks. I've used the same binder every day for a year and a half and it's barely changed shape and definitely hasn't loosened up at all. I brought a gc2b too but the seams split easily and I found it really uncomfortable. Also the neckline on underworks is lower so it doesn't show as easily under tops. I know a lot of people vouch for gc2b though so honestly it's down to personal preference.

8. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Ok, guess I'll try both then. I hope it passes through the borders without annoying questions.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LoveBoat I can vouch for. They're on the expensive side, but they're fantastic.

10. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it will. I bought a gc2b binder a few months ago and it turned up in my mailbox within two weeks without any questions asked.

That said, it works pretty well for my. I can't say much about durability yet, because I don't bind regularly.

11. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Ordered one from GC2B now, it's a bit difficult with the sizes. Chest said XS, shoulders said S, so I got XS. Hope that works.

I don't really get that underworks stuff. Which is even a binder? And where are the sizes?