1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body journal?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kodo, May 12, 2017.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone ever thought of keeping a journal of pictures of your body before and during your transition? It is something I've considered doing, especially because I tend to get tunnel vision thinking of transition and fail to see how far I've already come. My main concern would be if someone found the pictures and misconstrue their purpose (for example shirtless pics to document torso changes).

What would be a safe way of documenting body changes? Obviously I'm not on T yet, but for future reference.

2. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Here the answer from the most paranoid one on EC:

How to shoot the pics:
    - Use an old cam without Wi-Fi.
    - Put the pics on your computer and print them
    - Burn the SD card (deleting should suffice actually) and delete them from your computer, there are softwares who make it impossible to reconstruct the data
    - Put the dates on the pics, create some kind of book and lock it somewhere.

This way no one but you has access to it and no one would do a photo of the papers in front of you if you decided to show someone.

3. Casey221B

It's a cool idea. I've seen a few videos people have made of selfies taken every month or so while taking hormones.

4. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been doing this .. since day 1 on T. I have taken a full body picture every day, with and without clothes. I take the pictures with my phone, transfer them to my computer and delete from my phone. My computer​ is password protected, and I keep all the weird selfies in a special folder. I am also doing a similar thing with voice clips.