1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this mean I can't be cisgender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlantSoul, May 12, 2017.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been identifying as my biological sex (F) since last year when I did some research on basic biology. Prior to this, I identified as Androgyne (SP?) I think I've been lying to myself that I identify as and am happy being female. I hate and constantly obsess over any breast increase, I dread getting my period, being fertile (etc.). I never wanted any of these things. I see them as an annoyance. In the past, I have thought about doing self-surgery to rid myself of these things in the heat of frustration. I would never actually do this because, it would be a very stupid thing to do. I would much rather find a doctor in a another country to get rid of my breasts and tie up my Fallopian tubes. I know for a fact that I'm not trans. I'd be absolutely beside myself if I were a male. I don't want to get rid of my genitalia. I'm pretty content with it. I want to have a sexual relationship one day.

#1 PlantSoul, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you wondered whether you may be agender?

3. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is that having no gender? Androgyny is often what I strive for. That's probably what I am, but I want to let the dust settle first.

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You absolutely can be cis and dislike certain gendered things about your body. Of course if that how you're comfortable identifying. Periods a awful, no doubt about it. Many women dislike theor breasts too. Breast are annoying. They attract unwanted sexual attention and hurt. Especially teens might feel strongly negative about all this. I'm saying this because you mention how you felt when you were younger. You can absolutely be androgynous and cis because gender identity =/= gender experssion. The thing is what you'd rather be treated as... what you see yourself as... in a way... what you feel comfortable and right identifying as...

5. Zoneingout

If you don't mind i have a question when you said "I'd be absolutely beside myself if I were a male." (Why is this?) Would it be possible fear of others reactions or something else entirely?

Who you are as a person is who you are everything is different that also means people do things differently non binary people can have the same feelings so can't cis and trans people. It's a very wide open topic with a lot of roads to travel down it depends on what you yourself wants there is no right or wrong way you're free to do what you please with your body and do what makes you comfortable in your life.

6. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Something else entirely different in that I know I don't identify as a male. Men in my country are also treated quite unfairly and that would also contribute to my sorrow. I've been completely beside myself before after realizing that I didn't identify as a female. I am concerned about how others may view me as a delusional SJW were they to find out that I don't identify as my biological sex. I'm often concerned about how others may view me in general.

---------- Post added 13th May 2017 at 08:53 PM ----------

Thank you for clarifying. I do think that my desire for androgyny may go beyond solely gender expression, though.

#6 PlantSoul, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  7. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, androgyne and agender are absolute opposites.

Agender is when you feel you have no gender, no connection to either male or female, and you really don't want traits of either.

Androgyne is when you strongly feel you are a blend or a mix of both genders, and want to express both.

The physical expression is often very similar, but they come from entirely different places within.

8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And what happens if someone views you as a delusional SJW? You can view them as narrow minded, lol.

I'm glad I could help with clarifying

9. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know. I apologise if the way I structured my response made you think otherwise.