1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

masc/fem expression

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by mlm1234, May 13, 2017.

1. mlm1234

mlm1234 Guest

I'm bi/pan, i'm overall more masc (snowboarding, boxing, films, bikes) I have date both men/women.
    Do bi/pan feel like when they date the opposite sexes they change or express more fem or masc side then they did or could, when with the opposite sex.

I find that when i was with my GF was more protective with her, cuddling her, being more emotional reserved and stuff. Well now i'm with my BF he very protective of me loves to just cuddle me, i an be more emotionally expressive and i can express my love of Disney and various girly films and stuff.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never been in a relationship, but with women I see myself as the more emotional one and with men I see myself as the more dominant one. But with both I see them as the one who stays home with the children (although in real life I'm willing to stay at home if they make more money or their work makes greater contributions to society). Although in terms of my expression (clothing, hobbies), that pretty much stays the same.

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I definitely have both sides in me, the more protective/dominant and the more submissive/delicate. I wouldn't say I'm strictly the one or the other depending on the gender of my partner though. I used to be a bit like that when I was younger and more into the traditional gender roles, but in reality I need to be a bit of both, maybe in different situations.

#3 Dryad, May 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
  4. Lazuri

That's not so uncommon nor weird. If you think about it, you act differently around certain people that aren't your partner as well.

It's a sign of empathy, actually, changing your personality slightly without thinking to make people around you be more comfortable around you and/or like you more.

This is also why some people pick up accents and speech patterns from other people if they're around them for extended periods of time.