1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When the lines get blurred

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by annag423, May 16, 2017.

1. annag423

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm still coming to terms with being trans and exploring just what it means to be me. When I started to accept all this I figured my interests would change, at least a little, you know? I have two copies of the song "The Parting Glass," one by The High Kings and one by Celtic Woman, and while I've always kinda preferred Celtic Woman's version I've been listening to it now because it's the one I identify with more, if that makes sense.

Anyways, we were in 2nd and Charles last night, which, next to the hair salon, is my other favourite place in the world. I love to read and write and I love stories. We were picking out movies to get with this Visa gift card we had, and I found a couple of Western/War story ones I haven't seen in forever. I was about to get them when I stopped. Who I really am is a woman, and these don't fit with that. And I want to live more as who I really am and not slide back into the role I've played for so many years now. As I thought about in the store, though, there's no reason why as a woman I can't like Westerns or war stories. There's nothing inherently masculine about them. I can think of several cis women I've known who got into them just as much as I did.

So I got the movies and I'm going to watch them and enjoy them. I'm a trans woman who likes Westerns and war movies. Go figure.

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One of the nice things that I've internalized over time is that one of the main ways we express femininity in modern days is to show freedom of thought and expression. It's a really powerful change in the perception of who we are and what society expects us to be. It allows us to choose our path in life without restricting our actions to fit into the boudaries of what others expect us to be. (*hug*)

#2 Eveline, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. annag423

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to keep reminding myself that the point of all this isn't too fit some mould but rather to be myself in whatever that looks like.

4. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly, me too! I have started to come to the realization that i think i might be bigender. At first i was trying to fit myself into a label to understand myself. But i feel a lot better just letting myself explore it on my own and labelling it as i feel myself out, if that expression makes sense. I feel excited and happy and a lot freer than i've ever been, but at the same time i'm scared i'm rushing into it. That its just some phase or that i'm over-obsessing. But like you said, its about learning to truly be myself whatever that may look like.

5. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love to box. I love metal, even seriously dark metal. I love horror fiction. I love tattoos and piercings. I love dark clothing. I love to drip with sweat and make my muscles burn. I love science. I love to play bass.

BUT I'm a woman anyway.

DEATH TO CONFORMITY!

*blush*

6. annag423

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me, too! I just got my second tattoo, and I've got plans for at least half a dozen more (when I can afford it).

7. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooh lucky you able to get a tattoo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I plan to get some epic piercings soon and when old enough, get some massive uber-spiritual tattoo covering at least one arm.

Crucifix, Om symbol, wheel of dharma, chakras, Virgin Mary, etc etc would love all of that sort of thing incorporated into one design.

8. annag423

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd love to do something that big, but most of my ideas are smaller ones (relatively speaking). Maybe one day I'll connect them all somehow.