1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i paranoid? or have good reason to wonder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Zoneingout, May 16, 2017.

1. Zoneingout

I just went to my endocrinologist appointment to get my blood testing done for the first time even though it should have been done months ago but I ended up switching to gels so they did it a little bit late. But what I'm trying to say is there is this one thing that sounds really silly because I shouldn't be concerned or care but it kind of bothers me because I feel like they are not listening. when I asked her about going up in medication she said the only reason why she would want me to go up in my medication is because it's really important to get rid of my periods. I immediately thought that's really strange because I actually told her that I'm not concerned about my periods and that they've never bothered me. I mean it's possible she could have completely forgotten she has a lot of people she deals with but I highly doubt it because I actually told her that twice and it just seems strange.

She seems to be happy with the results of the other changes so that's great but it just seems strange to me that she's so focused on the fact of getting rid of my period? I know what you're thinking I'm probably just overthinking everything or I'm a little bit anxious about this because I have anxiety. well originally i told her because she asked me if I ever had any problems with my period growing up and I told her yes actually I did you see when I was a kid and I first got my period I got these horrible pains to the point where my hips lock themselves I couldn't get up and I couldn't move from the position I was in and nobody was ever able to explain to me or what had happened. So the fact that this all of a sudden came up when I first got my testosterone okay whatever that's not a big deal that's normal. But the fact that she seems to be very persistent on it makes me wonder if something is going on that I'm not being told and I guess I wanted to ask people, or maybe im paranoid?

Also i'll note when i wanted to tell my grandparents (especially) that i was transitioning
    my parents "lied" said they did. and later did it for me that took me as strange also....and it seems so normal? but...it doesn't.

#1 Zoneingout, May 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017