1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by IDK1, May 17, 2017.

1. IDK1

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I just wanted some advice. I want to get a binder so I can have a more masculine or androgynous silhouette, and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips on how to ask my mom for one, or how to get one without her knowing. Thanks for any advice you may be able to give me!!

2. DementedTrendz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well if you have any neighbors or friends who are okay with it, you can order it online and get it shipped to there address

Or you can try to order it and get it before your mom finds it.

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Typically places like GC2B and Underworks are pretty discreet when it comes to shipping if you're afraid of your parents finding out.

If you need your mom's cash to buy one, I'd just be honest with her, show her that you know how to safely bind (there's a lot of information here: Hudson's FTM Resource Guide and some safety tips here: Binding 101: Tips to Bind Your Chest Safely | Point 5cc ), if getting a binder will help ease discomfort and/or dysphoria you can always mention that too. If your parents are open-minded and you feel safe doing so.

If you don't have a job or money there's even places you can request to get a binder for free (there's a few places in the second link I mentioned above that offers free binders).

#3 Hawk, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A general note: I'd suggest staying away from cosplay binders or cheap ebay binders. They are not designed for long term use and can cause damage because they are so restrictive.