1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dressing Feminine for Pride - Sizing questions?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by warrior452, May 18, 2017.

1. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey!

So, I'm making plans to sneak out with a trans guy who's a good friend of mine, and he's taking me to my first pride parade/festivities.

I'm thinking of dressing as a woman/femininely, as I will be away from a toxic/unaccepting environment, and able to just be myself.

I usually identify as male, but I'm interested in feminine things and could also present femininely, but I've never been able to do so.

I think I may be genderfluid.

I have some feminine jewelry. I plan on going dress shopping and shoe shopping. Unsure how to size underwear and nylons though. Any pointers?

Any help or suggestions are great! Again, I've never dressed as a woman, so if you have any pointers for me, I'm all ears.

2. Hunter8

Okay, so I've never been to a pride event, but I did do a costume party event once where I dressed as a Roman soldier. So I have worn a skirt technically before, and I can tell you not to underestimate the wind when you are considering picking out a skirt for yourself. I had quite the embarrassing time at that party, which was outside and it was very windy. Avoid any skirt that is a very light fabric like I had for my Roman tunic because it will fly up at the drop of a hat. That said, I would also wear underwear that would not be too incriminating if you were seen in it. I made the mistake of wearing tighty whities. Never again. :wink:

#2 Hunter8, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know that some women were short biking shorts under their skirts. That way if the wind gets their skirt they don't have any awkward moments. I really cannot give you any more tips than that. Sorry!

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What size in men's clothing and shoes are you?

5. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a large shirt, 36-38 pants. Size 11 shoe

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then you will want a large to extra large dress. Size 12 or 14 in pants, size 12 or 13 in shoes. Approximately.