1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiding Half Binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sebby45, May 21, 2017.

1. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I have a binder from gc2b. It is a little larger than it was supposed to be (operator error = bought wrong size.) However, I can breathe in it, so am keeping it for non-restrictive value. With a tank underneath, it isn't as scratchy either.

The problem is, it is hard to hide under clothes. The neck part shows even with most of my crewnecks because of the conservative neckline of the binder, and the end seam shows like a band around my middle.

How have others dealt with these issues? Other than constantly wearing a jacket, of course.

Sebby45

#1 Sebby45, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. Zoneingout

A binder looks like a tank top even if somebody was to notice highly likely they wouldn't know what it is. I've worn my binder around with part of it showing quite a few times actually absolutely nobody asked questions or looked at me strange

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gc2b does that, one of the reasons I dislike it. Underworks have larger neckline so the straps don't show through. Otherwise you might just have to change up your wardrobe a bit if you don't want them to show.

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thicker T shirts with higher necklines. I also hate GC2B for this reason. Although most won't know what it is if they see it, some might think it is a bra so I definitely don't want it to show.

There are just certain shirts I can't wear with certain binders, even if the binders are the right size.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's one problem I've had with GC2B as well, and I don't know if mine made it into my dryer on accident, but that has affected things too.

The most I could say is to do a test to see how layering clothing or how different patterns. But if we're just talking about the neckline, a last resort would be to modify it, but I wouldn't risk it unless you have a knack with sewing and you know what you're doing...or you have money to buy a new binder if something backfires.

6. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your input guys. What is GC2B thinking?

Finding the right binder is like finding the Holy Grail it seems. Lol.

7. astriferous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you want a binder with a lower neckline that still fits well, you could try shapeshifters.co. They make binders with cool patterns and take each customer's specific measurements and requested modifications/fit into mind (meaning you could request a lower neckline or thinner straps). The only downside I can see is that these binders are expensive since they're hand made as far as I'm aware - I'll probably get a gc2b binder myself even though I really want one of these, since gc2b is cheaper. But if you can afford it, you can try this company out and see if it works.

8. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the heads up. I might just have to try and save up for something like this.